there

How does one stop feeling lonely?

_=_=_=_=_=_

I knew I didn't have a good excuse for my disappearance. Patton sat there expectingly, he seemed more concerned than mad, the initial anger in his eyes had cooled and the hurt and confusion seemed to burn a little more. What was I supposed to say? That I needed to hide away to feel happy? That I was too weak to face the responsibility of Thomas? That was my worst nightmare, so like I do best, I avoided the question

"Can you guys drop it? It's none of your concern anyway" Of course my response didn't answer any questions,  which was what I wanted. It was infinitely better to lie than admit to being this weak. Anything was better than showing them how vulnerable I truly was.

"You know what? I won't push it Virg" And with that, Patton made his way to the door,  followed by Logan. I sat there waiting for Roman to take his leave, but he stood there, as the others footsteps began to echo and soon became impossible to hear, he was still there. Roman wasn't looking for me though, he was still staring at the keys in his hand, with a unreadable expression.

"Um, can you leave? I have stuff to do" I muttered just loud enough for him to hear me. Roman scoffed softly, and tossed the keys in my direction, he looked confused, betrayed almost. But I frankly didn't care, I wanted to go see of my garden was still there, if my life line hadn't disappeared when I needed it the most, like everything and everyone else had.

I pretend to be doing something productive, hoping he'll leave soon. I was mildly concerned, he was completely still, and simply spaced out. I sighed as I moved stuff around my room, paper, clothes, whatever else was provided in my space in Thomas's mind. I hid the keys in a box I shoved under the bed, promising to never wear it around my neck ever again. As I continued to pretend I was busy, Roman spoke up.

"I know your hiding something Virgil, I'll find it eventually" I looked up when I heard those words come out of his mouth. You could tell he meant it, his voice was firm and determined, but not incredibly intimidating.

And that's when I realized he wasn't going to give up anytime soon.