{Chapt. 4}Why does it hurt?

Bill's POV

"W-why d-does it h-hurt?" I sobbed into PineTree's shoulder. It felt like knives were being dragged through my soul and torso when I saw him looking annoyed or angry with me. No, not annoyed or angry. When he looked like he didn't want me around. It hurt more than I could understand.

Demons weren't supposed to feel emotions! Stupid meatsack emotional suffering!
I looked through his head, trying to see how he actually felt.
'Why is he crying?! Doesn't he enjoy pain? This is so confusing. What's going on..? Do I help him or leave him out here. No, I cant leave him out here. That's just messed up. Oh god......... what am I supposed to do?!'

My sobbing calmed a bit, knowing he wouldn't leave me out here to die.
"Im," I hiccup "sorry P-pineT-tree......" I clung to him, hiding my face in his t-shirt.

Dipper's POV

I hugged Bill after a moment, pondering how to answer.
"I-its fine Bill. Everyone cries sometimes. About why it hurts.....well Im not completely sure. Did something happen to make it hurt?"

He breathed, trying to calm himself. He looked up at me tearfully, his lower lip trembling. "I don't know........this is confusing..........I can't understand this! Why me?!"

I stared at him for a moment. "Bill......"
He looks down, refusing to look me in the eye. "What?"

"L-let's go to the Shack for now, kay? We can figure it out when we get there."

"O-okay PineTree....."
I help Bill up, guiding him to the side of the Shack so I could sneak him through the window.

When we got there I told Bill to stay by a tree so I could get the latter. After I came back I put up the ladder and helped Bill up into the attic.

Mabel moved into a downstairs room, so she wasn't allowed in the attic anymore without my permission.

After I got Bill some clothes I told him to change and that I'd be back soon. Then I climbed back down the latter and put it back into its hiding place.

I opened the door, only to be tackled by Mabel in a hug. "Bro-bro what took you so long? The sun's already down!" She got off me and pulled me back up. "Hehe....well I kinda lost track of time and stuff so....." I rubbed the back of my neck, not really knowing what to say.

"So what really happened Dipper?" Great, she saw through my lies. Not like Im good at lying anyways. Actually, Im not really good at anything. "I........ I'll tell you about it later." I walked past her, going inside.

Mabel's POV

What was Dipper up to? He seemed......out of it. Like something happened in the woods. I shrugged it off, it was probably nothing.

I followed him inside, pouting slightly. Dipper said hi to Gruncle Stan then went to the kitchen, grabbed a bunch of food, then headed up to his room.

"Hey Gruncle Stan, Im going to bed!" He yelled into the living room. He turned back to me."Um, night Mabel." He quickly made his way upstairs.

Instead of going to bed, I went up to Dipper's room. When I got to the door, I pondered whether or not I should go in. Suddenly inside I heard Dipper laughing. What was going on in there?