Chapter 4~ I Wish For Confessions

Chapter 4:

When I woke up in the morning, I was in my bed. I knew I had fallen asleep with Louis; I was just wondering why he wouldn’t have just left me on the couch.

I reluctantly got up out of my warm and comfortable bed, and quietly tiptoed out to the living room. What I saw surprised me, because there was no one there. I was puzzled, and my face showed it.

I decided to refer to my source of comfort, a cup of chamomile tea. I put water in the kettle and turned it on, while I scoured the cabinets for the tea bags. When I had finally discovered them, the kettle whistled and I grabbed a cup from the sink.

I grabbed my tea, and saw something where Harry had been sleeping. It was a small piece of paper, neatly folded on top of a pile of blankets. I walked over and gently picked it up.

Morgan: have plans today, sorry we left without saying goodbye, you looked so peaceful. Call me when you get the chance. Lou said he’d call you, also. ~Harry

I sat down on the couch Indian-style, still gripping my tea, and tears began to flow from my eyes. The main reason I was crying was probably just because I was PMSing, but I was also concerned with the looming thought that I could create a rift in the band, if things went south with Louis; I was also worried that if I went out with Lou, and Harry fancied me even a tiny bit, it could cause their relationship to awkward. I cared for both of them, just in different ways.

When I stopped crying, I pulled out my phone. I dialed Liam’s number, but it went straight to voicemail. He was probably still with Danielle, but I needed to talk to someone. Scrolling through my contacts, one name stood out, and it seemed like a good idea to call.

When Niall picked up the phone, his voice was tentative. “Morgan… What’s up?”

“Um… Niall, do you mind coming over for a bit? I need to talk to someone, and Liam isn’t home.” I said quietly, afraid for his response.

“I’ll leave now,” he replied promptly, “be there in 10.”

“Thanks, Niall. I owe you.”

“No problem, its no trouble.”

“Bye Niall, see you soon.” I said.

“Bye Morgan.”

I hung up, and went to my room to put a shirt on. I settled with a vintage grey Beatles t-shirt, and a cream colored Hollister knit sweater.

I soon heard a knock on the door, and ran to get it. I opened the door, and enveloped Niall in a hug before he could even say hello.

“Why hello there.” He said with his adorable Irish accent.

“Hi, come in, make yourself at home. Are you sure you’re okay with listening to my problems?” I giggled out.

“Ready as I’ll ever be.” He said with a wink as he plopped down on the couch. He patted the spot next to him as indication to sit next to him.

“So what’s the problem?” He asked.

“Promise you won’t tell?”

He nodded.

“Pinky swear?”

“Pinky swear.” He chuckled, and our small fingers intertwined.

“Well, it started at the restaurant when I went to the bathroom after Lou left. I went in the wrong bathroom, and I just saw Louis there, on the ground, shaking and crying. He looked do vulnerable, breakable. I just went and hugged him, and kissed him on the cheek-“