Aliens: Real or Fake?

Writer!Amy and Artist!Kathryn AU where they both live in the small town of Peebles, OH. (I don't actually know what Peebles, OH is like so I'm just making this up).

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Amy and Kathryn have been best friends since 6th grade, coming up on nine years. They kind of had to be, because no one else would step near them. Amy is an extroverted alien enthusiast, and will absolutely tell you about any theory that she'd been working on. It was great for her writing exercises. She also bought random things off of Amazon at 5 am after pulling two all-nighters and living purely off coffee. Kathryn could be classified as a polar opposite, but she really wasn't. she is an introverted artist, who is the responsible one of the group. she's pretty fed up with Amy's ridiculous theories by now. But she deals with it. Aliens aren't real, right?

Amy had convinced Kathryn to go on a camping trip, knowing that she loved the outdoors. But in reality, she just wanted to watch for aliens.

"Amy, can you tell me why we're really here? You never liked long periods without much social interaction," Kathryn interrogated.

"Oh, you know, bonding trip," Amy said, trying to not sound like she was lying, failing in the process, " Just wanted a break from the city, And to get my creativity flowing, y'know?"

"We both know you didn't drag me here for a 'bonding trip', you probably just want to look for UFOs or something," Kathryn said, completely ratting her out, "I don't mind, but if I'm painting, don't bother me, please."

"Awww Kathryn, you know me too well! But I'm afraid that you're wrong, We're not here to look for aliens," Amy paused for effect, "We're here to meet aliens!"

"Alright I'm going to have to stop you there, we are not trying to summon aliens, you know how I feel about being in new situations," Kathryn said, being the voice of reason, "I thought you didn't want to get captured by the government?"

"Yeah yeah, you gotta take risks though! Live a little!" Amy said clearly not seeing the risks of the government.

"Alright, I'm done with this conversation, Just, can you go collect firewood? I'll set up the tent," Kathryn said, clearly annoyed with Amy's antics.

"Alrightio Spaghettio!" Amy replied, venturing off into the forest.

Kathryn set up their tent, which was to accommodate both of them. Not long later, Amy returned from the forest with the firewood. She was covered in pine needles and had stickers covering her ankles. Kathryn was not surprised and started to pull the various spikey items off of her skin. Afterward, they made the fire, and with great struggle, lit the fire. Kathryn, being the responsible one, set a pot of water to boil over the fire.

"What're eating?" Amy asked.

"Kraft Mac 'N Cheese, it's nutritious," Kathryn answered.

"How is macaroni and cheese nutritious? It's like the least nutritious thing I can think of," Amy rebutted.

"Well then you're not thinking of many things," Kathryn replied, regretting the conversation, as she did with most.

Kathryn continued making their dinner and served it thusly. Afterward, she went into their tent to try and sleep, hoping Amy wouldn't be mauled by a bear.

However, Amy had other plans. She gathered more firewood, this time being careful to not get beat up by the forest, and created a large fire. She placed rocks around the fire in a crop circle-type pattern.

She began to yell at the top of her lungs "Aliens! Will you bestow upon me the pleasure of learning about your culture?!"

Kathryn walked out of the tent rubbing her eyes and stumbling a little "Amy, what the hell are you doing?" she checked her watch, "It's 2 am! Animals are sleeping!" she was clearly angry.