Rogue

It was a bright and breezy Sunday afternoon with the sunlight streaming brilliantly through the windows and the birds chirping oh-so-melodically and bloody hell was that another letter already?!

Normally Liam would have been blazing through the staggering pyramid of documents like it was child's play, only needing to spend half an hour, at the very most, to digest and fire off a suitable response to the most wordy and tedious proposal.

But this was seriously getting out of hand.

And who did Liam blame it on?

Stupid, stupid Zayn Malik, of course.

If Zayn didn't bother coming into his life again in such an abrupt and blatant manner, he wouldn't even be faced with this lack of concentration! Hanging his head in frustration, Liam shuffled over to his table and slumped into his seat. He shook his head resolutely and steeled himself. Here he was, having spent the last hour with his head in the clouds and his thoughts ricocheting in... utterly inappropriate directions when Liam had very very important work that demanded his immediate attention, and now was not the time to waste any more thoughts on Zayn!

It's all Zayn's fault, Liam practically snarled while he whipped out a fresh piece of parchment. It was all Zayn's fault for being so… good-looking and sexy and funny and attractive and charming and sexy oops, did I say sexy already-

And with the thought of a very sexy Zayn lodged in his head, Liam giggled and sighed blissfully as he melted into a puddle of hot goo on the floor.

"I think I just saw your orgasm face-"

Ooh, you can give me an orgasm any time you want, Liam purred kittenishly in his head. With that, Liam gazed down dreamily at the parchment and realized that he had unknowingly doodled Zayn's name all over.

It was as though someone had hurled ice-cold water in his face.

Letting out a dramatic high-pitched squeal, Liam quickly balled the poor, innocent piece of parchment up and tossed it murderously to the other end of the room, where it joined the other dozens of crumpled sheets of parchment lying sadly on the floor.

This would not do.

Admitting his defeat, Liam grabbed his coat and slung it over his shoulders. There was no way that he could start work like that, and the only solution that the brunette could think of was to catch a glimpse of Zayn. Just a really quick drive to Zayn's place and then you know, some easygoing, light chit-chat of the week's events to quell his thirst for the ravenette, and absolutely no grabbing of Zayn's arse, Liam!

Hope he didn't lock the door, Liam fretted as he entered his car. Within minutes, he was at Zayn's home, biting his lip tentatively as he called out the raven-haired lad's name. Liam knew he was being terribly disrespectful here, barging into someone's house without prior notice, but-

His heart sank like a stone when he realized that Zayn wasn't home.

Try the Horans', a small voice in Liam's head piped up, but the brunette immediately squashed that idea down. His pride and aloofness was already disintegrating piece by shameful piece by simply went over to Zayn's place, and things would only be exacerbated if he actually went over to the Horans'! No, he had had enough of this frivolity. He was going to go back home, finish up his ever-increasing pile of work and then spend the rest of the day thinking more like fantasizing- about Zayn-

Within ten minutes, a furiously blushing Liam found himself at the Horans'.

"Mom? Uncle Zayn and Nate's making a truckload of noise-" Rose Horan started, but her sentence escalated into a yelp when she looked up from her textbook to see a stranger in her house.