Loss

"How the heck do my nights end so quickly on all Mondays?" Jake grumbled to himself and probably a not too visible audience, as he struggled with his tight camper jean.
"Damn stupid jean...I couldn't have added within this break now could I?"

"Having some issues with your pants there huh"
"Oh hi mom..uh I didn't hear you come in" Jake said turning around and almost tripping himself on his jeans.
"Well I came to let you know that your dad and I have finally decided to let you have the house this weekend as we'll be heading on that road trip we told you about" His mom announced chuckling.
"No way!" Jake screamed, his eyes opened wide with excitement his mother had probably never seen before.
"Yes way!" His mother also exclaimed still chuckling. "Well I figured I could talk to your Father a bit and he might just let you stay on your own, and it worked. We'll be back first thing Sunday morning though."
Jake looked at her for a minute, confusion settling in his eyes..."But mom I thought Dad was meant to go on the trip alone since it's basically a business trip?"
"Yes you're right but then your Dad always has a hard time figuring stuff to do in meetings without my help you know, besides he never wants me being away from him. He's taken me to every single trip he's gone to this year and it's obvious he's not going to start making an exception now." Jake's Mom explained holding his hand.
Jake looked down trying to portray his most innocent face as was his custom when he needed something "Do you really have to go?" He said holding her Hand.
"Sure and don't you get all smoochy and soft now because I know you and you better not be up to one of those your evil schemes again" His Mom replied him looking him sternly in the face as if to create a warrior impression.
"Yes sir!" Jake replied as he always did to tease his Mom.
She Chuckled moving towards the door. "Oops I just figured out something" She said when already half outside the door.
"And what's that Mom" Jake asked.
"Oh nothing, just that 'sirs' don't usually make breakfast so this Sir right here won't be an exception.....guess you have to make your own breakfast today boy " she replied chuckling and left the room closing the door behind her.
"No mom! Not now...I have a test today..dammit!" Jake cursed under his breath and returned to tugging at his jean.
Later that night Jake hosts a party over at his house. As usual only the richest people in Gregory high were present. He was also very grateful to the gods that his parents weren't around to see all that was going on at the party.....the smoking and excessive drug intake..but there was nothing Jake could do, it was a party.

Next day- early morning.
"Yes who the hell are you?!" Jake yells at whoever it was trying to knock his door down. The unknown stranger didn't seem perturbed and continued knocking ever so vigorously. "Who's it?" Jake repeatedly asked as he advanced towards the door of the king sized living room......no reply.
"I swear to God you better have some steel hard reason for barging into someone's home and.." Jake stops short, the rest of the words choking him. He recognizes the bright yellow and dull brown uniform very well, it was the type of uniform no one young or old wished to see.
"Are you the son of Mr Marco Robin?" The man asked him in a very polite and almost pitiful voice.
"Ye- yes I am" was what Jake could mutter.
Suddenly two people appeared behind the man, one man and a woman, both middle aged with eyes bulged obviously from a lot of crying.
"Uncle Luke, why are you crying?" Jake asked very scared with the realization that whatever news he was about to hear now would change his life forever.
"Well" the man in the uniform continued, "I deeply regret to announce to you that Mr and Mrs Robin were killed in an accident involving an army truck. Please do accept my deepest sympathy. Thank you. " And with that, the man raced down the staircase to the gate and outside the building dropping a note for Jake who was staring into thin air trying to speak but not knowing any words.
He bends and picks the picture, then the image brings total realization that he has just lost the only two things he had that made life ever have meaning.
"They're lying right?..Dad's on his way home, and Mom is with him" Jake said smiling with shivering hands.
"Jay we are so sorry" his uncle pleaded and his wife breaks down in his arms crying loud.
"Died?, they couldn't have died.. No..Mom can't die, please this is all a dream" Jake said to himself with tears now strolling down his cheek. All world looses meaning to dear Jake Robin as he falls into a sea of total darkness.