Bonus!

Fate

"I promise on loving you forever, if there is ha." and the crowd laughed.

"I promise that I'll be with you in every journey that we will both face, you're my friend, best friend to be exact... my partner, my lover and now my husband and I can't imagine being happier from this moment. You're a gift from God and I'll always thank Him for letting me have you as my other half yet a whole person and thanks Tito and Tita for making him..." she giggled along with the laughing guests. 

"Mahal kita and this is the kind of love that will never fade nor change." tears suddenly flowed out from her eyes, although it's not that visible because of the veil that hides her beautiful face.

The wedding ceremony continued. This moment is overflowing and radiating with love and happiness from everyone and it can be seen through everyone's eyes and the way they smile. 

Most girls have their own dream weddings and maybe this is hers.

"So guys, let's start the program by calling the close friends and family members of the bride and groom for messages." few people went in front and lined up and waited for their turn to dedicate a message.

"Hi, I'm Jade, best friend of the bride." she introduced.

"I never believed that this day would actually come, naku kung alam nyo lang kung ilang beses nag-away yung dalawang yan bago dumating sa point na to. Ilang beses akong tinawagan nyan." she pouted and used her lips to point at the bride and grinned. 

"Like one midnight, I'm too tired from my work, OT sa firm" she laughed for a bit. "Then pagkauwi ko nakita ko nakailang missed call na si bruha sa skype ko, nasa Hawaii ako at that time kasi. Then nung nag-call back ako ayun umiiyak na agad, sabi nya 'ayoko na, ang tagal ko na nga syang hinintay tapos hindi nya pa rin ako ma-prioritize at least once, kahit isang beses lang talaga'. Drama di ba? Kaloka ka." the first speaker teased the bride more and the guests loved her wittiness. 

Her cheeks somewhat turned red as her friend continued.

"Well I kind of understand him naman, kasi both of them are just starting their careers and para naman yun sa nakakalokang best friend ko na OA mag-react minsan. So girl, alam mo na kung saan napunta yung mga oras na busy sya ha, wag ng iyakin. At ikaw naman, don't you try and hurt our little girl, okay?" she finished her speech then the crowd clapped for a couple of seconds and lend the microphone to the next speaker.

Every messages were heart warming. Every jokes were meant to make everyone laugh and it really did happen. 

It was a very wonderful moment.

I took a glass of champagne before I proceed to each table dedicated to the guests. This wonderful bride sat with them while checking if everyone's comfortable and having fun. I joined her and have a little chit chat with the people I know before moving to another table full of guests.

The last hour of the reception arrived, it happened too fast. The first dance for the bride and groom is next, I was called and I gladly obliged to go in front. 

I can see her face more clearly. I can see her gentle eyes and her alluring smile. She's definitely happy and this is the kind of happiness that radiates to everyone that's with her tonight and witnessing her most special time. 

She moved slowly, like she's trying to savor the moment and remember each scene.

At that exact moment, I felt like I'm part of her world.

Like I'm the man that she's holding at that exact moment.

"Uy Gab! Kumusta naman yung shots mo for this wedding?" a friend of mine asked while I'm fixing my equipments.

"Okay naman." I answered then suddenly a question popped inside my head.

"Lex, tanong lang ha. Nakita ko na ba before si Maine, yung bride?"

"Ah oo! First year ata sya nung fourth year ka, alam mo ba crush ka nun dati?" she laughed. "Hindi ka nya pinahanap sakin baka yun isipin mo ha. Naisip lang kitang ireto sa gig na to kasi alam kong you'll do a good job."

"Oh, kaya pala familiar sakin. Ano ka ba wala akong iniisip na ganun." I laughed.

So that's why I felt something familiar in my heart when I first saw her walking down the aisle. 

She's the girl I once noticed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE END

Copyright 2018