Dream?

"Mmmmng..."

Vanessa starts to wake up, for she had fainted from the shock of death and Ryan's madness. As Vanessa starts to sit up the once blurry room starts to come into focus.

She looks at the lamp next to her then her environment. She then realized that she was not at home with her Aunt. "Wh..what is...Noooo!" When Vanessa knew her freedom had been nothing but a dream she started to freak out throwing blankets off her screaming.

Then...events from earlier began to come back to her in flashbacks.

She remembered the gunshots...

"Well you sure do sleep like the dead. Have good dreams honey?"

Vanessa turned straight to look at the male voice who spoke and her very being shivered.

Ryan stood at the door he wore a black sweat shirt and dark blue jeans.
He also carried a platter of fruit and water. " Y..YOU... MURDER STAY AWAY!"

"Calm down, your my wife and family." Ryan said inching closer.
"I'm not your wife!!!" Vanessa yelled with rage burning. A smack ran throughout the room silencing her.

Ryan glared and walked closer to Vanessa who sat still holding her sore red cheek in shock. Ryan put the light tray down on a small black end table by the bed and folded his arms.
"Don't ever talk to me like that. I'm your husband and expect you to treat me like one."

Vanessa stared with wide eyes at Ryan as though he was insane. " How am I your wife?! You kidnapped me before I said I do...you...you murder!!!"
Ryan's face suddenly became more relaxed and he chuckled.

"You brought it on yourself. You picked David and I couldn't be left in the sidelines while you dated a broke guy bound to lead you nowhere. Yes I researched him.But that's not the real point. You see I loved you Vanessa the day I first saw you in the clinic. I killed your doctor so I could meet you. Sometimes you have to make sacrifices. You can't escape me. Your life is mine meaning things will change." Ryan said with a dark smirk.

Vanessa just stared  with silence.
Ryan continued on.

"Since we are married you will no longer work or do any activities that require leaving unless I am with you at all times. You may leave this room if you behave accordingly to the rule list I will give you later but must refrain from going in my room unless I request sex which is my given right as a husband."

"Do you understand."

Vanessa kept silent for a moment. Debating with herself how to handle this madman but then decided it's best to play it out till she gets a plan.
Perhaps if she's nice enough he'll let her out and she can try to escape again.

Vanessa nodded.

"Good. I'll be back later. There's business I must attend to."

With that Ryan left Vanessa.

Author's Note:
I know you must hate me for the other part but hey haven't any of you had a dream that seemed so real? 😂