Two friends, Reunited!

~My other half~

Chapter 1

~Two friends, reunited!~

Tsukimi's POV

I was swimming in the vast blue ocean, my arms getting slightly sore from the journey from China. Luckily the water was calm and clear. Otherwise, I might not have survived. Possibly.

The horizon seemed to stretch on for miles on end. But, fortunately, it didn't. I spotted a strip of land across the water. I knew I had reached my destination. Japan.

I sped up a little as the water's colour began to change into lighter shades of blue. As I swam forward, I could feel the grains if sand on my feet and the tails of the small fish that quickly swam away as they came into contact.

A little while later, I could comfortably wade in the water. Soon I reached the shore of the beach, which was quite empty at this time of the year. The pure white sand rubbed on my feet creating a strange sensation on them.

I've finally made it! Japan! Home sweet home! I can't wait to get to Akane's place. Man do I miss them. Kasumi's cooking, Nabiki's scheming ways, Akane's kindness. Not that it hasn't been an awesome ride around the world.

I took off my navy blue shirt that clung to my masculine flat chest and continued to walk towards the Anything goes martial arts dojo, topless.

I sighed deeply. I just had to go to China didn't I? If I had just skipped it I wouldn't look like... This. A broad shouldered flat-chested male. Though I didn't mind much. But I did feel out of place. I mean, being a girl your whole life and the next moment you're falling into a spring which turns you into a guy.

I can't get used to showering in this form either. It's... awkward... Looking down there... Washing it... Ugh! I don't even want to think about it! I shivered. I couldn't find any hot water on the way here either! Which totally sucks. But... I suppose it is better than turning into an animal... At least I can still speak.

Well... I might come back someday. To change back into me. I'll just see how this goes. It does make my life a lot more interesting now since I've just fulfilled my life dream. To master all forms of martial arts.

The journey everywhere was pretty awesome. I met a lot of people and there were types of martial arts that I never even knew existed. Some of them were just plain strange... But I learnt it anyway. Now, I am a true martial arts master.

Well. I shouldn't be far from the town now. I'm almost home. I'm nearly there. I'm so close.

~ Time skip ~

Tsukimi's POV

I stood in front of the wooden gate of the Tendo household, with my shirt, which was fortunately dry, on. I suddenly started to feel nervous. I wonder if they'll recognize me? Oh well. They'll understand. They're all so kind. Except Nabiki. But she can be nice at times. If she wants to be.

Just as I was about to open the gate, I heard someone grunting in frustration as they brought their fist down and broke a hunk of concrete.

"Damn him... Damn him..." they muttered as the huffed and puffed, clearly exhausted.

This voice... It sounds so familiar... Who is it?

"Yo, Akane." a masculine voice called out. Who's that? That's odd. No boys usually come around here.

I could hear grunts and yells of fighting as well as the whooshing sound of punches. A spar. Sounds interesting.

I jumped onto the roof, making sure that only my head was showing. There, in the yard, with a pile of rubble and a leaping guy was Akane. She looks so different with longer hair. It looks nice but I reckon she looks nicer with it cut short. She still has the same temper as she did before though. But she was rarely angry with me around. I was there to her calm down.