Prologue

Don's POV {15 years ago}

Landing on the cobble path with slight scars on my pale skin; my cape dangling over the wet grass.

Lynch fell but posed near me with his knee taking in the coldness of the stones. His striped sky blue and turquoise cape was teared at the sear sight of the villain's patronising powers.

"Cedric are you hurt?"

Coll gathered near Lynch, a few tattoos racing up his muscular arms under his ruby red rebellious shirt as well as a spiralled sign of a fire on his neck releasing non-existent smoke;"Cedric shall I get you to the hospital?"

"Leave him alone Ian!" I demanded, standing up in authority. My ice-like eyes analyse where any villains are. "Wait wait wait! Where's Shannon?"

Checking the area for any sea like features before a chuckle occurs in my ear lobes.

"Vegas leave us alone." Coll emphasised with fear and mostly hope for justice. Vegas declined, turning his attention to Lynch about to destroy him with a laser beam of casino chips.

"Noooooooo!" Coll longens the 'o' for enough time to jump like a member from a boy band into the air.

Firing a beam at the chips in defence whilst I sprint to Lynch, pulling him away. "Let's go Cedric!"

Coll comes back down with a well-deserved crash and closes his fire-like eyes in a slick movement probably to be unconscious; I felt something hit my eye and I drift onto the cobble path hurt.

_____________________________________

Mr Freeman's POV {10years ago}

Leyfield book store researching superheroes names for an academy to train and take care of the new generation of superheroes.

My mark glows a bit under the faded lighting but I ignore it as irritation grows to use my unique power. A book shimmered in thought: 'Old superheroes by Alfie Allyardce.'

I hastily drew it out with my non-glowing hand and took it to the counter to be purchase.

'Thor'; a lad's name tag displayed and I couldn't help but let out a husky chuckle. "What's the joke?". A stern voice occupied silence throughout the tranquil store.

"Are you a superhero?" I joked and he moans, checking the price of the ancient book.

"Another jerk who is making fun of my name and that would be £9.99 please." He sarcastically smiled showing pearl teeth with childish dimples. I scampered out feared by 'Thor' and to my office to choose which names to call the academy or the blocks.

'Jonathan Wright, Cecila Dean, Shannon Treavish, Ian Coll, Cedric Lynch, Don Portman...' these names were interesting.