Court

Y/N POV
This is gonna be the worse day of school possible. Wednesday is the day of court. I can do this. It will go by fast, I say trying to put a smile on my face. This will all be okay. Yep. All okay. "Hey you okay?" Brooklyn says walking up to me. "I'm great!" I say screaming by accident. "Damn I'm sorry man. I know it sucks. Tyler will figure everything out." Brooklyn says looking down to the floor. "I thought you hated Colby." I say trying to make her look me in the eyes. "Nah. He's just annoying like you." She says looking at me laughing. I scoff and start walking to class with her. "Tyler's smart Y/N. Colby will be okay. Tyler is full of surprises." Brooklyn says trying to make me feel better. I just stay silent too lost in my thoughts. I couldn't even make myself look happy. Every time I smiled I can just see a picture of Colby crying in a dark cell. It was terrible. He can't survive jail. We reach the classroom and I sigh as I walk in.

Time skip even though people hate them

It's the end of the day now and i start walking home. Usually i'm hand in hand with Colby walking together but this time i'm alone. I see Josh Dun walking on the opposite side of the street so I decide to cross over and chat with him. "Hey josh! Wait up!" I yell running over to him. "Oh, hello." He says startled taking out one of his headphones. "How are you?" I say looking at the bruises I remember him getting from that huge fight. "Not so good." He says looking down at his feet. "Me neither." I say also looking at my feet. "Do you wanna come over?" He says with a smile on his face. "Umm sure." I say following his lead. We get to his house and he brings me to his room. "My parents aren't home right now so... also I'm sorry about my room. I haven't had time to clean it." He says looking disappointed. I look around to view his room. It was pretty normal looking. Little bit of dirty clothes on the ground, paper work all over his desk, a lot of band posters hanging up. I notice in the corner of the room a drum set and recording equipment. "Omg! I forgot about the whole twenty one pilots thing!" I say getting excited. "Oh yeah." Josh says laughing. "You should play me something!" I say smiling really wide. "Maybe just one song." Josh says grabbing his drum sticks. "You have to sing the lyrics though." He says smirking. "No way!" I say. I can sing but I've never sang in front of anyone but my mom. She's like my huge fan girl. "Well than I guess you don't get to hear my amazing drumming live. You're gonna remember this moment when me and ty and super famous and you're gonna be there all upset and shit." Josh says laughing. "Fine." I say sighing. "What's your favorite song by us?" He says getting out his notes. "Ummm what about forest?" I say smiling. "That's a good one! Get ready." He says starting to play the beginning. I start singing.

"I don't know why I feed on emotion
There's a stomach inside my brain
I don't wanna be heard
I want to be listened to
Does it bother anyone else
That someone else has your name?
Does it bother anyone else
That someone else has your name, your name?
I scream, you scream, we all scream
'Cause we're terrified of what's around the corner
We stay in place
'Cause we don't want to lose our lives
So let's think of something better
Down in the forest
We'll sing a chorus
One that everybody knows
Hands held higher
We'll be on fire
Singing songs that nobody wrote
My brain has given up
White flags are hoisted
I took some food for thought
It might be poisoned
The stomach in my brain
Throws up onto the page
Does it bother anyone else
That someone else has your name?
Does it b-" we get interrupted from a huge slam coming from the front door downstairs. Joshs eyes go huge. "You need to leave!" He says getting up really fast. "Fuck!" He whispers. "What is is?!" I say freaking out. "You're gonna have to go through the window!" He says pushing me towards it. "No. No no no no!" I say looking down at the ground. "It's too high!" I say getting anxious. "There's a ladder it's okay!" He says opening the window for me. I look for the ladder and see it. He helps me out and the slams the window shut. "JOSH!" I hear a faint yell as I leave the house and than I huge crash from his room. On the walk home all I could think about was that huge crash.

2 more days of school pass, y/n sees josh in the hall with huge cuts all over his face and bruises all over his arms.

Y/N POV

It's finally time for the day of court. I say looking at myself in the mirror. I look down at my phone to see a text from Tyler. "On our way to get you." I sigh and wait for him to get here. I hear a knock on my door a few minutes later to see Tyler dressed nicely with Brooklyn beside him. "You ready?" He says with a straight face. "Yes." I say taking a deep breath. We get to the courthouse and see Colby already sitting there with his sister since his mom was still in the hospital. I look at him and mouth 'it's gonna be okay.' He nods and looks straight ahead. Tyler Joseph. Do you think Colby should get jail time. "Do you think he is guilty." The judge asks. "I do think he's guilty but he should not get any jail time." Tyler says nodding his head. "He was texting and driving which is illegal here. That is not acceptable and he will be receiving jail time for that and he left the scene! It was a hit and run! He caused you to nearly die Tyler. You don't even care a little bit?" The judge asks scoffing. "I do care sir but you need to understand it is not his fault." Tyler says trying his hardest. "He will be getting at least 2 months for texting and driving and for the hit and run that would be a year." The judge says with narrow eyes. "No!" I scream. "Sir please no. I should be able to have a say in this." Tyler says freaking out. "You get a say in whether you want to sue him or not. He did a hit and run and tried to hide." The judge says getting angry. Colby stays silent. Say something Colby. Come on. "So he's guilty." The judge says. "1 year and 2 months!" He yells. The guards get up grabbing Colby by the shoulders. "NO PLEASE! DONT TAKE HIM!" I scream tears rolling down my face. I get up starting to run towards Colby. Tyler grabs me and holds me. "Shhh." Tyler says hushing me. I stop struggling and cry into his shoulder.

Colby's POV

I can't do this. This IS TERRIBLE. I can't believe I did this. It's been 2 months since I've been in here. Everyone scared me. "Colby Brock!" I hear a voice call. "Yes?" I say trying to see who it is calling my name."Your father is here. He's getting you out." The voice says where appears to be a buff tall male coming to unlock the cell door. I walk out looking to the corner to see someone that is definitely not my dad. "Hey son." They say with a huge smirk on their face.