Chapter 4: The First Step

(Y/N POV)

I'm at my locker, making sure that I have everything I need for the initiation. I already have my sword sheathed on my back, and the only things I need from my locker is MP3 player, and my earbuds.

 I already have my sword sheathed on my back, and the only things I need from my locker is MP3 player, and my earbuds

Y/N: No way I'm losing you two.

I said this as I grabbed them and placed them inside my pocket.

As I turned around, I saw a guy with a Chinese suit with pink highlights on his hair, along with a ginger girl with a pink skirt.

What caught my attention was that the ginger girl is super hyperactive. And there I saw Ruby and Yang, also getting ready for the initiation.

Y/N: Morning!

Ruby *Cheerfully* Morning!  

Yang: Morning~

The Chinese Guy heads out while the Ginger Girl follows him, passing us.

Ruby: Wonder what those two are so worked up about?

Yang: Oh, who knows? So, you seem awfully chipper this morning!

Ruby: Yep! No more awkward small talk or "getting-to-know-you" stuff. Today, I get to let my sweetheart do the talking.

Ruby strokes Crescent Rose as she sighs happily.

Y/N: Well, remember, Ruby, you're not the only one going through initiation.

Yang: Yeah, I mean, if you wanna grow up, you're gonna have to meet new people and learn to work together.

Ruby sighs in frustration.

Ruby: You sound like Dad!

She then shoves her weapon into her locker.

Ruby: Okay, first of all: What does meeting new people have to do with fighting? And secondly: I don't need people to help me grow up! I drink milk!

Y/N: (She needs some more milk!) (Sorry I had to do it)

Yang: But what about when we form teams?