Chapter 1: Calum's POV

Calum's POV:

After sitting in the rehearsal studio practising the songs we were planning on singing at our first headline concert in the UK, which was actually starting in a few hours, for the past 5 hours, we decided it was time to take a break. None of us wanted to be stuck inside the studio for much longer and after arguing with Dave, the head of our security, for the past half an hour about our safety and how we could get spotted by hoards of fans at any moment, he finally agreed to let us go out alone, as long as we promised to get into contact with either him or another member of the security team as soon as we could sense "danger". I never really understood why he referred to them as danger, they were just fans, what's the worst that could honestly happen?

Ashton, Michael and Luke decided they were going to find somewhere for lunch and I would usually go along with them, yet today I decided I wanted to spend some time on my own, take a break from spending every minute with my best friends. I mean we had the rest of the tour to do that and it's not that I didn't want to spend as much time as possible with them, I just felt that this one time I needed to take a break, to give myself time to clear my head. I had a lot going on in my mind at the moment and I didn't want to take it out on them, so a break was the only way I could relieve my own stress, yet stop myself from hurting anyone else or their feelings in the process. A few hours on my own could be what I need and hey, we had a concert tonight, i'd obviously be back in time to perform so nobody needed to worry about my whereabouts for a few hours.