Chapter Twentyseven: I'M GOING TO KILL YOU!!!

-Sonic followed EXE behind some bushes that led outside the woods. Sonic scanned the entire area. All the trees were dead and decaying. There was no green grass or flowers in sight. Sonic turned over seeing a scarred baby badger. It hissed and ran into a broken down shed. Sonic stiffened. This was the shed he saw in his dream.
-Sonic started walking toward the shed. EXE looked at Sonic and started following him. Sonic slowly went into the shed. He looked at the broken window. It still had an old bloody hand print on it. Sonic walked further in and noticed a lot of broken picture frames. They all had pictures of a small child that looked exactly like Zalgo.
-EXE came in and looked around. Sonic took one of the broken pictures and showed EXE. EXE's eyes widened as he looked upon a small Zalgo. He grabbed the picture and put his hand on it. His eyes showed sympathy.
-Sonic put his hand on EXE's shoulder, but he didn't look up, "EXE...now we know there was good in Zalgo. Maybe now we don't have to fight him?"
-EXE blinked and whipped his head around to face Sonic, "We can't change him now," Sonic blinked in suprise, "He may have been a sweet child in the past, but he's just different now. You don't see Robotnik changing do you?"
-Sonic sighed, "Eggman..."
-EXE may be right. There may be no changing Zalgo after their last encounter. EXE put the picture down and started walking out of the shed. Sonic followed but stopped when he saw EXE fighting something. It looked like a ghost spirit, but it was black with red eyes. That must be a demon!
-EXE spin dashed and knocked the demon down. Sonic ran right beside EXE. The demon looked up at EXE and started speaking in a language he did not understand. EXE starting talking back in the same language. The demon sat up and started floating off towards northwest.
-EXE looked at Sonic, "C'mon, let's go."
"Wait---"
-Before Sonic could finish EXE grabbed his wrist and started following the demon.

-The demon stopped and circled around a dark gray circle on the ground. EXE walked over the the demon and nodded as the demon disappeared into thin air. Sonic watched as EXE stared reluctantly at the circle.
-Sonic went over and looked at EXE, "You okay?"
-EXE nodded, "This is where Zalgo took my powers..." He frowned.
-Sonic held EXE's hand. EXE looked up at Sonic and smiled. Sonic felt warm pride in his heart. Though Sonic still wondered what they were doing here.
-Sonic let go of EXE's hand, "So...what do we do now?"
-EXE narrowed his eyes, "We call Zalgo."
-Sonic narrowed one eye in confusion, "Call him? What do we have the phone book of Hell in our quills?" He ask sarcastically half joking.
-EXE opened his mouth to say something but closed them as ash fell from the sky. They both looked up, careful not to get ash in their eyes. Sonic flicked his ear when he heard laughing coming from behind him. Sonic turned around to see Zalgo sitting on a big rock.
-He snapped his fingers and the ash disappeared and looked straight at EXE, "No need to call me. I'm right here." He stood up from the rock and walked slowly towards them.
-Sonic braced himself when EXE stood right beside him.
-Zalgo smiled when he caught EXE's eye, "Are you ready for the suprise, my little creation?"
-EXE flicked his right ear, "Just get it over with so I can take my powers back."
-Zalgo laughed and suddenly glared at him, "You think this is a carnival where you try to win prizes? This is the moment where I kill you!"
-Sonic stepped forward, "That was your suprise!? If you're just going to kill him why do you need me here with him?"
-Zalgo looked at Sonic and smiled, "That's the suprise." Zalgo showed his fangs in his smile and showed a glimmer of excitement in his eyes.
-Sonic froze. He felt fear filling his stomach.
-EXE yanked Sonic back behind him, bringing him back to his senses, "You're not touching him Zalgo!!!"
-Zalgo brought up his right hand in a fist, "Not until I kill you I won't."
-He opened his fist which revealed a red-orange sphere that slowly grew bigger each second.
-EXE turned his head to Sonic, "Run!"
-Sonic stared in confusion. "Wha---"
"I said RUN!!!"
-EXE pushed Sonic about seven feet away and ran the other direction.
-Zalgo released the sphere as it followed EXE like a torpedo. EXE ducked to dodge it as it barely touched the tip of his tail. Sonic struggled to get back up as Zalgo was preparing another red-orange sphere.
-Sonic noticed that fear was showing in EXE's eyes as he started shaking, and it seemed Zalgo noticed it as well.
"Pathetic. Just accept your destiny so you don't need to feel fear ever again."
-EXE stopped shaking and stood up, though fear still showed in his eyes, "I...don't give up..that easily." EXE unsheathed his claws as Zalgo released the next sphere.
-He quickly dodged out of the way and headed straight for Zalgo. Sonic stared with yern for him to get him then stopped. What am I doing just standing around? I need to help!
-Sonic was about to run straight for Zalgo but when EXE jumped to strike he was hit by a greenish-blue sphere. EXE screamed in agony as he was knocked back. Sonic stared in horror. EXE lay on the ground motionless.
"NO!!!!!"
-Sonic ran towards EXE and sat beside him. He tried to search for a heartbeat or seeing his stomach move up and down, but nothing. Sonic started trembling, "E...EXE?..."
-Sonic grabbed his head and put it on his lap, "C...c'mon...it's me Sonic...," EXE still did not move. Sonic's eyes began to grow damp as his ears drooped, "EXE...please get up!...SONIC.EXE!!!"
-Tears fell down his cheeks, "No this...this can't be happening...you...you can't be dead..." Sonic put EXE's head back on the ground and stared at him.
-He then put his arms and his head on EXE's chest while sobbing, "I'm sorry...this was all my fault...sorry....sorry.....sorry.....I love you...Sonic.EXE..."
-Sonic then sat back up and screamed. Birds flew out of the trees as the screams echoed everywhere. Sonic shed even more tears as Zalgo started laughing. Sonic slowly turned his head and saw Zalgo holding his hands up to his face and laughing maniacally.
-Sonic narrowed his eyes and glared at him, "You...you killed him!"
-Zalgo put his hands down and looked at Sonic, "Why are you suprised? I said I'd kill him and I did. Now we can go on with the suprise."
-Sonic felt a surge of anger in his entire body. Dark aura started forming around him. His fur turned dark and his quills started forming up and his green eyes disappeared. He stood up as the dark aura grew bigger, "I'M GOING TO KILL YOU!!!