[Requiem of Tears] Chapter 00: Prologue

- - - - -

  In the world of Za'Diel, where millions of lives and hundreds of lands dwell is where it all begins. 

The world maintains it balance through the existence of the Ley lines, which is neccessary to control the flow of mana. There are thousands of Ley lines, but only three continents are given the chance to handle it, Leziah, Xatum, and Laurel.

Every continent has a city called the High-Palace for the elites and the Council who protects the Ley lines.

 Peace reigned over the world and for the the most influencial continent, Leziah. Until a neighboring land, Xatum declared war over the peaceful lands of Leziah.

  One by one the cities and villages of Leziah fell over the hands of a group of men hired by the High-Palace in Xatum, who singlehandedly erased many villages in existence. As the days went by, the Leziahns decreased a great number. Some went crazy and attacked their own kind.

The group call themselves The Deck. 

After weeks of desperate battling, Leziah was extinct.

 The people of Xatum rejoiced upon their win and praised the Deck, but little did they know that the Deck was scheming something. . .

After the meeting in the High-Palace, the Deck eliminated the council and took over the palace. The loss of the council board was to great. The Deck took control of the Ley lines in Xatum and Leziah. The Deck hogged all the power and authority on the two continents.

The people of Xatum, enraged, protested upon their ruling, but the Deck didn't budge.

 Even Xatum's best armies were easily wiped out by the Deck.. Those who opposed, suffers by the hands of the madmen. Even children, woman, and the old were not given the slightest mercy.

 After gaining complete control of the two continents they decided to move unto their next target, the Land of the Sages. . . 

Laurel. . .

 By the name itself, the continent has powerful Sages, the continent was the strongest in terms of war. It is also the continent on which they hold the most of the Ley lines. It was a decisive war against the two sides. Not until the Deck went on the feild.

  The moment the five men joined in was the quick downfall of Laurel's most skilled soldiers.The same fate that resulted to Leziah and Xatum was the same outcome of Laurel.

 The Deck finally gained control of the Ley lines, after these things happened the doctile animals became wild, some morphed into hideous monsters. Viruses spreading and hoards of the Deck's pawns called Trumps were destroying every remaining villages. As more days passed, and more courageous people died, the animals, even some humans turned into the Deck's pets. They lose their mind and soul, only to be played in the hands of the Deck like cards.

A small village known as Arikk stayed unharmed. It was hidden deep in the forest.

 The village was hidden in order to protect themselves from other countries, the small village was considered the weakest and most useless because almost all of the villagers know nothing of weilding a sword nor mana. The village of Arikk was lucky enough that their village was hidden. But the leaders of the town couldn't rest assured knowing the madmen wants pure domination.

The townspeople decided to end their world's misery.

 They planned to build the ultimate weapon using pure mana energy. They gathered the people who could weild their mana and moved. Weeks of hard-work and perseverance was needed in order to craft the perfect match. At last the weapon was almost created, but alas!

  The Lords heard of the village and was now in the small town. One by one, hoards of monsters were marching towards Arrik. But some brave towns people stood their ground and protected their beloved village. The village barely survived the attack. But. . . The Deck decided to finish it after mocking and looking down on the villagers.

  As the leader of the group launched a Full-power attack towards the village. An unknown person leaped up and slashed  the power in half! The group was surprisd that a mere normal human was able to do that, much less the man was an Arrikian! The group was ready to attack the man when the four Deck members was attacked by less than ten people who stood along side the brave man.

 At last the weapon was almost done, but the leader enraged and destroyed the orb-shaped weapon. And the smiths who were with it died. Grieved, the remaining villagers still stood bravely as they held out the shattered orb. The Deck mocked them and was already having plans of torturing them, when the orb suddenly shone.

They weren't creating a weapon. They were searching for a miracle. That's what the remaining villagers believed. . . 

And so it WAS. . .

 The fragments of the orb flew up to the Heavens and merged into the Ley lines. The light went inside the remaining townspeople, the Ley lines were on their side. They even went on parry with the Deck's unimaginable power!

  One-by-one, the Deck fell, only the leader was left standing. Enraged by the happenings, the leader of the Deck went berserk, creating a high energy mass, the Ley lines started acting strange and calamities occured that would probably destroy their whole world!

  The brave men decided to bid farewell to their beloved land. They sacrificed themselves by combining their mana to disrupt the abnormality of the Ley lines. Light gathered around the men then they disappeared The light circled around the high energy mass, then it swallowed the energy mass along with the leader. The leader was then sent into the deepest part of the Abyss. 

   The light formed up as an orb once again, and shattered, leaving five trails that formed into five lands. Leaving a beautiful shimmering trail of stars in the land, that blended the visible Ley lines. 

After the nightmare the five lands became continents.

Later on, the story was spread across the lands. But many believed it was merely a legend or a children's story to amuse people. The world, then on slowly revived during the years. 

- - - - -

"Find me for He will comeback''

- - - - -

Note: The prologue isn't connected on the following chapters. It is merely a glimpse of their world and it's history. So I hope ya'll keep reading! ;w;