The meeting

Hey all, fucked around with the time line, also don't sue me Nora

Palmetto sat quiet the night the cat dragged a bleeding and heartbroken in the Fox's evening practice. Well, it was really a strategy meeting in the foyer, so when the doors banged open on a Tuesday evening, Nathaniel Wesniski had all 8 players, Coach Wymack , and Abigail Winfield's attention.

The young man, paused only for second in the door way, his short frame drowning in a "3-Moreau" lettermen jacket. In one hand he clenched a dirty knife, there was blood on his face, as well as a number 4 tattoo.

Kevin made a soft sound of surprise, that could have been a prayer, or "Nathaniel" but walked to meet him half way.

"Kevin, oh Kevin...," Nathaniel chokes out, in sadness and relief.

They met in a soft and all-consuming embrace. Even though there wasn't anything inherently romantic, it still felt like a secret exchange between lovers, not meant for the rest of the world.

Andrew had stood up, but he had grown used to Kevin's cowardice so usually he had longer to intervene. He was about to try and retrieve the knife from the mystery boy when Kevin "the Coward" Day raised one hand in a silent plea to stay away.

There was soft murmuring between them, definitely not English, so French, then. After a few moments, Nathaniel made his first quick unexpected moment. They were no longer holding each other like broken glass, a few inches between them, their height difference comical. Nathaniel's hand shoot out while he was taking and took Kevin's left had. The strange boy brought it up to his lips and kissed it, where the scars were the thickest.

This next part that the boy said was in English, "I'm taking care of the "Riko Problem", he will never hurt you again. If only I had been hastier, I could have saved his life." He chokes at the end, remembering who ever was gone.

"Coach, this is Nathaniel. He is a senior in high school, next year would be his Edgar Allen debut as a backliner. He needs are help. Riko killed Jean Moreau, and Nathaniel is next if he doesn't have the right resources to communicate with the main family, big Moriyama business," Kevin said all of this calmly and seriously. It was hard to believe that this was the same person who's spine was a liquid as the alcohol he ingested every night.

"Oh how very rude of me, the Master would be appalled at my lack of manners. Hello, my name is Nathaniel Wesniski. Pleasure to make the acquaintance of some many, interesting, people. Though on a good day when I hadn't witnessed the murder of my, my, Jean, I would be much more entertaining. I see that reputation does not precede me. Am I that hateful that you don't tell your new family about me?" Nathaniel threw on a appearance of saccharine.

"Behave and don't be a brat, you are asking for their help," Kevin sighed.

"Well I'm Nicky, this is Andrew an—"

"Nathaniel, why don't you come in to my office, we'll talk there, kid," Coach Wymack cut in, almost mercifully.

Nathaniel didn't look eager to leave Kevin, but he followed Coach to his office. As their footsteps receded, the questions, bets, and assumptions hit like a storm.

What a cluster fuck.

Hey y'all
This is going to be an odd one, some kandreil/kandriel
As well as a a lot of out side perspective
Hope you enjoy.
If you do, please comment and vote 👍🤠🥵