Chapter 17

Ski P.O.V

Today Niyah and I were going to see Kevin at LongHorn. Something telling me this not a good idea but another side told me just go chill with him. But, I always watch my surroundings so I'm not worried about anything.

I wore my crop top that had Pink, Yellow and Green flower designs all over it with a high waist floral skirt with the same designs. I put on my gold Steve Madden flip flops with my gold finger rings and bracelets. I let my hair flow down my back with a part in the middle. When I was done, I got Niyah dressed. She wore a pink dress that had her back out with gold sandals. I let he wear her gold bangles I got her. I picked her hair out so she could wear it in a fro. My baby was cute.

As I was getting her bag ready, I heard my phone ring. When I looked at it, it was Jeremy. I rolled my eyes then answered the phone.

"Good afternoon" I simply said.

"I miss yu, I miss my daughter , I miss your smile, your laugh, the way yu sleep, the way yu walk, the way yu look in the morning, and your waffles .. Can yu please come home" he said all in one breath.

"Where's your wife ? She know yu calling my phone telling me all this shit ?"

"Ski, fuck her man, iont want her .. I want yu !"

"Jeremy , yu going to make me and Niyah miss our date" and with that I hung up.

He called my phone numerous of times after and I ignored each one. I kept sending him laughing emojis to piss him off even more. I thought this was so funny.

After finishing Niyah bag, I went into Maria room to say goodbye and tell her my whereabouts. I seen her blushing and smiling down at her phone when I walked out, ima ask her about that later.

It took us 30 minutes to get to longhorn. As I was pulling up, I called Kevin.

"What's up ?" I asked when he answered,

"Nothing, where yu at ? Yu got me sitting here looking lonely and shit" he sighed.

"My bad, me and my baby gone be in there in a little just chillll" I laughed.

"Your baby ?"

"Yes, my baby as in my daughter now goodbye I'm in the parking lot"

I hung up with him then grabbed Niyah carseat. She was fast asleep, so I know this was going to be a smooth date.

When I walked in, I told the hostess who I'm meeting with and she showed me to Kevin. And damn he looked good.

"Hey beautiful" he smiled getting up to hug me.

"Hey" I blushed. He smelled so good.

He took the carseat away from me then put it in the booth. Then helped me sit down.

"Dang, somebody changed.. Since when yu became a gentlemen ?" I asked shocked.

"Chillllll" he said dragging the word and laughing.

"Cool, how is your girl ?" I asked.

"She's good, her and my son they mean everything to me"

I can tell he meant every word because his face lit up..

"what's her name ? You never told me"

I asked looking through the menu.

"Tasha"

I instantly stopped looking through the menu. I hope he's not talking about the same Tasha. But, it's a lot of Tasha's in this world, right ?

"Aww, and what's your son name ?" I asked trying to play it off.

"Kevin Jr." he smiled.

"Aww , at least yu got the child yu wanted" I smiled.

"Yeah that shit with Amiyah was foul as fuck" he shook his head.

"Yeah it was, and yu should see how she treat that little girl" I sighed. If I was a nasty bitch I would take her from her. I still can't believe my own blood would do all this to me.

"Damn, who she look like ?"

"A spitting image of Ace, yu would think he went to heaven and made her himself" I laughed.

"Damn" he sighed.

"Yupp" I said popping the -p.

It got silent for a little while but the waitress broke that awkward moment.

"Hi, my name is Ashley .. What can I get for you guys to drink ?" She asked with a smile.

"Strawberry lemonade for me" I answered.

"And yu ?" She asked looking at Kevin biting her bottom lip.

"The same" he laughed.

"Ok I'll get that for yu in a little" she blushed.

I couldn't help but laugh.

"What's so funny ?" He asked still laughing one she walked off.

"Nothing" I shook my head.

"So what yu do for a living ?" I asked noticing his attire. He wore a Versace shirt and pants with gold Giussepe Zanotti sneakers.

"Can't tell yu that" he laughed.

"Boy please" I laughed.

"What do yu do ?" He asked.

"I'm a full time mom" I said looking at a woken Niyah. She was just staring at me.

"What's her name ?" He asked looking over at her.

"Jahniyah , I wanted it to be Ski but her daddy and my friends thought otherwise" I sighed.

"I can't believe we got kids.. Just a couple months ago we was running the streets and being pharmacist to the crackheads" he laughed causing me to laugh.

"Yeah I know" he sighed. "I'm glad that's-" I was about to say but was interrupted by an unwanted guest by the name of Jeremy.

"Lemme talk to yu" he said dragging me by my arm.

"Let me go !" I screamed yanking my arm from him.

Yu guys should read "The SilverRose Chronicles" by Jay_Scott