C H A P T E R T W O

Marinette

By the time I get to school, I surprise myself and Alya for being on time since I've been Ladybug. Alya teases me about being on time for the first time since she's met me and I smile at her. She winks back at me. I continue to take out my work out of my locker before I shove it in my bag.

"Perhaps this is a sign." Alya turns to me as she slams her locker shut.

"What kind of sign?" I ask her at her ridiculous theories.

"A sign that Marinette is growing up and finally keeping her schedule in order and organized." Alya laughs.

I roll my eyes before I slam my locker shut.

"Or a sign that I got done my work done early yesterday, and I got to sleep before my usual bedtime schedule."

I begin to walk away from her toward the exit as I sling my bag over my shoulder. I wave back to Rose and Juleka who just walked in the locker room. They greet me with a smile before they go back to their conversation.

"Good. The teacher doesn't need to hear anymore of your lame excuses when you're late or miss class." Alya reminds me.

Well, it's not my fault to be honest. Trying to balance the life of being a superhero and a normal teenager is difficult. Especially when I have to go to school five days a week and be Ladybug during those times. But most times I figure out what to say or do when I'm late. But making up excuses to my parents, teachers and Alya isn't the best choice I always make, but it keeps the identity of Ladybug a secret.

Alya follows me to science when her phone chimes. She takes it out before she looks at the screen. She grabs a hold of my shirt as she pulls me back. I yelp in surprise as I bump into her. I shake my head as I glare at her, but I knit my eyebrows together when a sad expression takes over her face.

"Nino is sick." Alya announces.

I frown at her. She was looking forward to seeing Nino to ask him if he wanted to go to the Eiffel Tower today after school. But I guess it's all been ruined today.

I pat Alya on her shoulder. She looks up at me with a frown. I smile sadly at her. She shrugs before she shoves her phone back in her back pocket.

"It's alright, Marinette. I'm fine. Perhaps we can go to the Eiffel Tower today then." She smiles as she masks her sadness away.

"Okay."

I wrap my arm around her shoulders as we lean our foreheads against each other. We continue to walk to Science quietly before we take our seats.

As I take out my textbook from my bag, and a hand is slammed on the desk in front of me. I jump in my seat, startled. I glance at the manicured hand and I immediately recognize it; Chloe. And behind her is Sabrina, her assistant.

"Well, well, well, Marinette Dupain-Cheng, Good seeing you here and not late." A smug smirk creeps up to her Barbie doll face.

"Good seeing you too, Chloe, and the same mask you wear everyday that just keeps boring and boring." I say with my mind and class erupts in sniggers and whispers. Chloe fakes a gasp and places her hand on her tanned chest.

"Excuse you, Marinette, but this is my seat." She growls.

"Sorry, Chloe, but there are two empty seats up front that you and Sabrina can sit in." I point at the two empty stools at the front of the class.

I look around and the class are staring at us which makes Chloe mad and growl. Alya just stares at Chloe completely unamused with Chloe's behaviour lately since she started school here.