C H A P T E R T E N

(Songs for the chapter:
• Home - Machine Gun Kelly, X Ambassadors & Bebe Rexha
• The River - Jordan Feliz
• OK (feat. James Blunt) - Robin Schulz)

Marinette

I jump off the roof before I run toward the red car as I order the people to run as far as they can and find shelter. I make sure that no one are in the cars or on the streets.

I run to the red car before I pull on the door handles but they don't budge. I look at the baby and it's still crying hysterically. It's probably a year and few months old. I hope that she's not injured or anything because that would be a serious problem.

I jump over to the passenger side to break the glass, not wanting to hurt the baby or the woman to be hit with the glass. I use my elbow to break the glass and the glass shatters all over the front seat but I don't care. I unlock the doors before I shake the woman to wake.

"Ma'am? Ma'am, can you hear me?" I say.

I look over to the window and the person is coming closer and closer. It's a man that wears a skin tight black suit. But I don't recognize him.

"Ladybug?" I hear Adrian's voice behind me. I turn to him and look at the baby.

"Take the baby and run." I order him.

Adrian nods before he opens the back door. He speaks uses his baby voice as he greets the baby. The baby calms down a little when Adrian picks her up. He begins to run away with the baby as he holds her close his chest.

I turn back to the unconscious woman on the steering wheel while I unbuckle her seatbelt before I drag her out the car. I almost let her go when she slips from my grasp but I hold her. When I know that everyone is off the bridge and far, I use my yo-yo to send us flying over my house.

I spot Adrian in the streets as he continues to run. But he's alone in the streets. People are probably hiding safe and sound in the shops and houses. I hold the woman tighter as I go down to the street. I snatch Adrian and the baby off the streets. The baby cries even harder in his arms when she sees me.

"Take me home. They'll be safer there." Adrian says. I nod before I head to his house.

When we get there, Adrian storms in the house. His father's assistant stands up from her seat when the door opens. His father isn't anywhere. The electricity is out so he's still probably in the office but doesn't come out. Adrian's bodyguard stomps towards us and I gulp dryly when the bodyguard towers me. I cast my eyes on the floor before I walk over to him and hand him the woman. Adrian hands the baby to his father's assistant.

"Thank you, Ladybug. They're safer here." Adrian turns to me.

I nod before I storm out of the house. I throw my yo-yo to a building and it holds onto it before I tug it. It sends me flying across the sky as I spot the electrifying man.

Adrian

"Where are you going?" Natalie asks when she sees me run up to my room as soon as Ladybug leaves. I stop in the middle of the stairs before I turn back to her. She struggles to calm the baby down while Sid, my bodyguard is standing beside her holding the unconscious woman in his arms.

"To the bathroom. This happening is making me want to use the bathroom with fear." I lie horribly.

"Take them up to my room." I point at the two people they hold in their hands.

Natalie nods before she gestures Sid to follow her. I run into my room and to the bathroom. I lock the door before Plagg appears from my pocket.

"The poem!" Plagg tells at me.