Chapter 4: Locating Calem

It's been a month since the arrest and Serena's feelings towards Ash have been developing overtime. Everyone had noticed except for Ash himself, mainly because he spent long nights trying to locate where Calem could possibly be. But it doesn't mean that he hadn't thought about his feelings towards Serena. After locating any possible place that Calem could've gone throughout Kalos, they stumbled upon three places.

"Ok, so far I've found three possible places that Calem could be" Ash exclaimed.

"Ambrette Town, location of the golden fish statue, Geosenge Town, location of the ancient artefacts of Kalos and Anistar City, location of the sundial" Malcolm read, "Three places that house very expensive items"

"We hypothesise that Calem will strike those places to gain the prized possessions and make money off of it" Andrew stated.

"We will be sending troops in those areas under covered to give us intel on the situation" Ash added, "If anyone spots Calem, we will send the main part into the location he's been found"

"Excellent, your plan will surely take Calem down once and for all" Diantha praised.

After the plan discussion, Andrew and Ash sent troops over to the locations to both protect the possession and lookout for Calem. Each troop sent were given special glasses which suppress heat signatures to see if anyone is trying to go in through the ventilation system. Time went on as the undercover agents were observing whether Calem was anywhere near. All agents noticed that there were heat signatures on the roof so every single one of them contacted the base.

Back at base

Andrew was on his computers, checking the feed for any information until many signals came up. He went through every single message stating that there are strange heat signatures on the rooves of all three buildings Calem might be.

"Ash, something doesn't seem right" Andrew yelled.

"What is it?" Ash asked.

"I'm getting many messages that there are random heat signatures on the rooves of all three buildings" Andrew explained.

"Send the main troops into three different groups, that way, we can get all three heat signatures back to base as soon as possible" Ash ordered.

"Ok then" Andrew said as he pushed the microphone button. "All capture troops, please separate into three equal groups and got to all three locations, each has suspicious heat signatures"

After the announcement, the troops were split into three groups and travelled straight to the three locations. Upon arriving, the capture troops searched the buildings until they found the people whom were through the ventilation systems. The three men were taken back to base for an interrogation.

In the interrogation room

The three men sat on chairs and were tied up, Commissioner Malcolm was there interrogating the three of them. None of them wanted to answer any of his questions which irritated the police and Diantha. Andrew thought of a good idea and decided that Serena should be the one to interrogate as they might trust her. After some consulting, Serena was sent to the interrogation room.

"So boys, you still seem to work for Calem" Serena exclaimed.

"We will always work for him, he helped us" the first man said.

"Could you tell me where Calem is?" Serena politely asked.

"Why should we tell you? You're gonna rat him to the police" the second man questioned.

"I know that the police have got me under them but once I know where Calem is, I will go back to him and we will go back to our burglary days" Serena explained. Ash and Andrew have been listening through the whole time and they easily picked up on her plan.

"So you plan on escaping these jokers and going back to Calem" the third man asked.

"Of course" Serena answered.

"Ok then, we trust you" Man 1 said.

"Calem captured a scientist who helped him build a base in the Lumiose Badlands" Man 2 explained, "The base has a high security system and is camouflaged so no one can see it"

"The coordinates are x-23, z-112" Man 3 told her, "Once you're there, Calem will let you in"

"Thank you for your help, I'm glad we could cooperate" Serena thanked as she left.

Upon leaving the interrogation room, Ash and Andrew stood up and walk towards her. The three of them went to locate where Calem's base could be. After a few minutes, the screen showed multiple pictures of a military like base that was composed of heavy duty metal and high tech. Going through a number of different theories, Andrew finally thought of a good plan.

"The only way we can get to Calem is if we infiltrate his base" Andrew stated.

"Good, we can get Tracer and Genji to help since they're the stealthiest" Serena exclaimed.

"I'm sorry luv', but we can't do vat" Tracer told her.

"Why not?" Serena asked.

"Tracer's chronal accelerator can only keep her hidden for only a short period of time" Genji explained, "Also, I may be a ninja but my skills cannot bypass highly advanced technology"

"True, Calem's base is armed with shadow tag artillery, giant mech robots and state of the art security" Andrew informed, "I will be able to hack it however, but they might be able to reboot it after a certain amount of time"

"So how are we going to stop him then?" Serena questioned.

"I'll infiltrate it" Ash said suddenly.

"Wait what?" Serena exclaimed.

To be continued