Chapter 6: Finishing the Job

Ok, I know it's been a while since I've updated any stories but believe me, school is a pan. Especially since I have been given so many assignments and tests. Other than that, let's get on with the story.

Serena came running out of the base and into the armoured truck that was nearby. Upon arrival, Andrew was on the side typing aimlessly on his laptop, the expression on his face didn't look that good which worried Serena. She walked up to him and touched his shoulder which brought his attention to her.

"Serena, you're back" Andrew exclaimed.

"Why do you look so tense right now?" Serena asked.

"It's Ash, I'm not sure if he'll survive in this situation" Andrew explained.

"What? What do you mean?" Serena questioned.

"The only way for him to get to Calem is by going through a sealed hallway while being bombarded by microwaves" Andrew answered, "A person's skin can only last for 2-3 seconds before disintegrating, he could possibly die"

"Ash, please be safe" Serena said to herself.

In the Microwave Hallway

Ash was crawling through the hallway now that his body has been damaged. He had been there for almost 3 minutes now and was making it towards the door. It opened up and Ash pulled his way into the room with Calem. He got up and Calem stood there looking shocked as ever. He didn't expect him to be able to go through that tunnel.

"What the hell, you survived?" Calem exclaimed.

"It's going to take more than that to take me down" Ash exclaimed as he got his knife ready.

"Guess I'll have to take you down myself" Calem replied taking his knife out too.

The two began swinging their knives at each other, blocking every blow that their opponent tries to make. However, Ash was at a slight weakened state so none of his attacks were able to get to him. Calem was able to throw him back and was about to stab Ash until he swiftly moved out of the way and kick him onto the floor. He got up and was about to strike but Calem quickly grabbed his arms and the two were wrestling with each other.

In the truck

"Thank goodness, he's alive" Andrew exclaimed.

As Serena heard this, she quickly ran to see what Andrew was looking at. It was the views from the security camera in the room Ash and Calem were in. She looked a bit disgusted after seeing Ash's damaged skin but that didn't matter right now. Serena was happy that Ash was alive and well but it looked like the two guys are at a stale mate. Just then, Andrew just acted like he thought of something and started typing away.

"What happened, Andrew?" Serena asked.

"Ash sent me a signal through the CODEC" Andrew answered, "He's telling me to get rid of the lights"

"What, then wouldn't he not be able to see?" Serena questioned.

"That's what the Solid Eye is for" Andrew told her.

During the fight

The two kept on going at each other with their knives for almost 10 minutes until the lights went off and it was pitch black. Ash mentally thanked Andrew for this and turned on the Solid Eye to be aware of his surroundings. He suddenly found Calem looking around desperately for him so he took this time to stab his thigh. When he did, Ash pressed a button on the bottom of the hilt which created an electric shock, tasing Calem in the process. Due to this, Calem fell unconscious. Afterwards, Ash started to feel a bit dizzy and collapsed on the floor. He tried to keep himself awake as much as he could. He laid there for about 5 minutes until he started losing consciousness. All he could remember was a person running towards him screaming his name.

A few hours later

Ash started to stir and began opening his eyes, finding that he was not in a familiar place. Before he could look at his surroundings, a pair of arms firmly grasped him unexpectedly. He looked down to see Serena there, hugging him and sobbing. He returned the embrace happy that he's still with Serena.

"Ash, I thought you weren't gonna wake up" Serena said, wiping her tears.

"How long have I been out?" Ash asked.

"Three days" Serena answered, "I'm so glad you're alive" Ash looked at Serena a lot better and noticed that her hair was now short.

"Serena, what did you do to your hair?" Ash asked.

"I cut it, I wanted to forget the past of me being a thief and the short hair basically symbolises me giving up that" Serena explained, "Now, all I want is to be with you"

"Serena" Ash murmured.

Ash grabbed her cheeks and his lips collided against hers. The two happily kissed until being interrupted by the doctor standing near the entrance. Serena quickly took her leave and the doctor went to check up on how Ash was doing and give him his medication. He didn't mind that he was going to be in hospital for a while. All he cared about was that he was alive and was going to spend his life with Serena now.

I'm not done just yet, there will be an epilogue like always. And I'd like a vote, which last name should I give to Lillie for my new book, "The Freelancers". The votes will be on the conversation area of my profile.