Chapter One - Surfers Paradise

[Hey, don't mind this series... its a little fiction about some of my friends who I think would be fucking amazing together. So yeah, this one isn't as important to me as Thrills, Kills and Sunday Pills, its just a bit of friendly trash. Feel free to read, though, not saying don't read it, its just not gonna be any good. Thanks]

17 turning 18 in three months, Skat Connorly has her whole life set out. She had been planning her future since she was 14, and now she had contemplated it so much it almost seemed too easy: she was going to move out as soon as she turned 18, marry a mature, good-looking guy and work in a recording studio with professionals using all the high tech stuff. Kids weren't a thing to worry about now, but she was sure they had a chance below 50% of happening.

Skat was super organised and knew what she was doing. She was graduating next month and doing well in all her exit exams, and had applied for two universities. Her first choice was Griffith University, and her second was Brisbane University. If she got into Griffith, she could move into an apartment with her friend Caillin and they would study together there. However if she got into Brisbane, she would move to Brisbane and live on campus with whoever she met there. She was saving up for a car and university by busking.

She could busk anywhere because she had been in possession of a permit since she was 13 and was keeping track of it well. She liked to surf in Brunswick, New South Wales, Southport, Harbour Town and small music venues, but her favourite place to busk due to both popularity and general awesomeness of the area was Surfers Paradise.

Surfers Paradise was Skat's turf. She spent all her weekends there, and studied on empty tables outside Hard Rock Café. She had been going there to surf, busk, study, eat and generally live since she was 11. Her parents didn't really care where she went, and they never gave her a curfew, they just knew she was responsible enough to do what she says she is going to do.

There was a good swell most days, so surfing was easy access, and tonnes of people there to meet and surf with. She didn't do socialising with strangers often, but if they were in Surfers Paradise sharing her wave, she wouldn't mind at all. She brought up good conversation about music and good surfing spots. She had been recommended a few good ones she'd check out, like Bells Beach and Wedge Island WA.

She also liked photography, but that wasn't a profession, like surfing and busking. It was just a thing she did for fun and aesthetic.

Surfers Paradise was also a place where she sorted out busking sets. Most sets consisted of songs from John Butler, Green Day, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, and some requests. She could play anything, but it wasn't her passion. Remixing songs were more her thing. She could get any mixing sound system, download any song and make it sound like Young and Menace by Fall Out Boy.

As I said, Skat is very organised and has a lot of talent. What she doesn't know is that her amazing guard over it was going to be broken by something she would never see coming.