Chapter 2 - Sir Korah Sulpen

[There wasn't meant to be a part 2. Or a part anything. But suddenly the people I was writing about loved it, so I might just make a few more parts to it. I apologise in advance for the incoming episodes of trash you are about to read.]

She had just finished busking and was walking through Surfers Paradise with Cage the Elephant in her ears. She didn't want to go home yet, she wanted to walk through, maybe go for a surf and pig out in the food court.

Skat walked through the food court, looking at all the expensive restaurants and diners with an empty mind. She wasn't really the the for cheesy spiritual quotes or relaxation, but having nothing to think about was boring. She didn't have anything to contemplate, she didn't have any stress, and nothing was bothering her.

She decided just to go to McDonald's, as she didn't earn as much as usual and just felt like something cheap, easy and unhealthy. She didn't like ordering in person as it was awkward and half of the stuff on McDonald's menus had dumb names and she felt stupid saying them, so she went for an electronic ordering machine and got a frozen coke, a double cheeseburger and a soft serve ice-cream.

After a few minutes she saw her number on the TV so she went to the counter to get it. Standing next to her in the next queue was a boy about a year older than her.

He had beach-blonde hair and an amused face. His nose was little and very button-like, and acne spread up next to his eyes and onto his forehead. He had a sarcastic looking smirk, and you could see mischief in his eyes. He looked over at Skat staring and he giggled at her.

"What's so funny?" she asked.

"You," he said.

"What did I do?" she asked.

"I don't know, you just seem like something I would typically find amusing."

"You see that in a lot of people?" she asked sarcastically.

"No. Just you."

"Awesome, I feel blessed," she said as her number was called.

She went up and got her food. She sat down at a table by herself and put Cage the Elephant back in her ears. The food tasted like any MacDonald's meal. Fatty and greasy.

She was minding her own business when the boy came and sat with her. He had a tray with about six orders of small fries. He smiled at her and offered her one. She took it and paused her song, taking her earphones out.

"Thanks," she said, taking the little box.

"No worries. I have too many."

"Why do you need so many?" she asked.

"I don't know, I was hungry," he said. "But that sixth one was especially for you," he said.

"Is that right," she said, starting on her ice-cream.

"Are you actually here with anyone, or were these boxes just so you could break some world record?"

"I don't know," he said again.

"You here with your girlfriend or something?" she asked.

"I am now," he said, winking.

Skat looked around, checking if there was a girl outside waving or something. There was nobody there, and nobody was coming towards them. Confused, Skat looked at him with a puzzled look. He looked down and giggled. Skat then realised he was referring to her.

"Oh, you're cheeky," she said.

"You gonna tell me your name then, girlfriend?" he asked, raising one eyebrow.

"Skat."

"Skat, what a unique yet enchanting name," he said, kissing Skat on the hand gentlemanly.

Skat reefed her hand back.

"What's yours then?" she asked.

"Korah, my lady. Korah Sulpen."