Chapter Three: Continuity Errors

"Once our home state of Virginia joined the Confederacy in..." Mr. Tanner droned on. I was absolutely bored. This class would most likely be the death of me. The only good thing about it was that Stefan and I had this class.

I glanced over at him, catching him look at me. I gave him a smile, then turned to look down at my desk.

My phone suddenly vibrated. I looked down to see a text from Bonnie.

HAWT-E STARING @ U & EL

I turned to look at him again, but this time, his gaze was on my sister. Frustratedly, I looked up at the board, trying to keep calm.

After school ended, Elena insisted on going to the cemetery. She wanted me to go with her, but I had other things to do. I had decided to call Bonnie so we could go to the Grill. Thankfully, she agreed to come with me. So here we were, eating food and talking about the days events.

"So, you and Stefan kept giving each other looks today." She wiggled her eyebrows as she spoke.

I sighed. "He's so freaking hot."

"Something is obviously gonna happen between you two." She nudged me.

"Not if Elena keeps trying to take him." I frowned.

Bonnie sighed. "At least you're getting some attention from the opposite sex." She said, nodding her head towards Matt and Tyler's table. I followed her gaze to see Matt looking at me. I gave him a small smile, before returning my eyes to Bonnie.

"Long story." I sighed, stirring my drink around with the straw. The ice cubes clinked against the glass as the soda swirled around.

Bonnie frowned, but stopped talking.

"His name is Stefan Salvatore." I hadn't noticed Caroline's presence until just now. "He lives with his uncle at the old boarding house. He hasn't lived here since he was a kid. Military family, so they move around a lot. He's a Gemini, and his favorite color is blue."

"Hello to you too." I muttered, bringing the straw of my drink to my lips and taking a sip.

"You got all of that in one day?" Bonnie questioned, astounded at Caroline's skills. I knew Caroline at lot better than Bonnie did. She'd probably gotten that information in less than five minutes.

"Oh, please, I got all that between third and fourth period." Caroline bragged. "We're planning a June wedding."

I let out a loud sigh, crossing my arms.

"Did I say something?" She questioned.

I opened my mouth to say something, but Bonnie beat me to it. "She's had a rough day."

"She's right here." I grumbled.

Caroline didn't seem to notice. Bonnie shot me a glare; Caroline didn't notice that either.

"So Stefan gave me this look today-" Caroline started up.

"Okaaay, I'm going to the bathroom." I excused myself, getting up and rapidly walking to the restroom. When I got there, I stood in front of the mirror, gripping the sink tightly. My face was flushed, most likely because I was angry. Bonnie was right. My day had sucked ass. So many things had happened, and I wasn't exactly pleased with how they turned out.

I turned the tap in and cupped my hands under the water. Then, I splashed my face, hoping it would help with the flushing.

When I left the bathroom, my eyes instantly locked onto the table Bonnie, Caroline, and I had been sitting at. Matt was standing there, talking to Bonnie. I wondered what they were talking about.