After school Killian pulled up in the school's parking lot with music blaring. His dark shades covered his blue eyes as he rolled down his window to wait for Alicia. She was inside, just leaving her last class.

Her feet were just bringing her out the doors when Eliot roughly grabbed her upper arm. "Detention?" He raised his eyebrows at her as if scolding a child and she shrugged out of his grip.

"Don't push your luck," She winked before running out and jumping into Killian's car, immediately taking a drag from the cigarette between his fingers.

Eliot rolled his eyes as he was the recipient of another cheeky wave from the stunning brunette girl with too much attitude. He trudged back to his patrol car and drove straight home, deciding on a nice night in.

~

Alicia collapsed on the couch next to Killian, panting hard. "Damn, babe," she breathed out, snuggling into his sweaty chest.

Killian chuckled and threw his arm around her shoulder, casually rubbing circles into her shoulder. "I know,"

They sat in silence for awhile before Killian spoke up. "So Ali, I think we need to talk,"

Alicia instantly froze up. He sounded serious and she hated serious. "Okay?"

"I know you like to have fun, but I'm not really comfortable with you messing around with other guys anymore," Alicia's face fell. "It's been almost three years now and I know it seems weird coming from me, but I really like what we have and wouldn't mind taking it to a more serious, monogamous stage," he ended his statement and bit his lip nervously.

"Oh Ian," Alicia let her head fall onto his chest for a second before she stood up, slipping his discarded t-shirt over her head. "You can't expect me to be loyal when I know you're out with any girl who catches your eye," She stood with her hand on her hip, staring down at her elder.

Killian almost looked offended as he sat up straight. "Listen to me Alicia Grace O'Reilly, despite your clear permission of exploration at the beginning of this relationship, I've never once even flirted with another girl while I've had you," Alicia furrowed her brow, thoroughly confused and doubtful. She signaled for him to continue, concerned. "The second I met you I knew you were special. You weren't like any girl I'd ever met and it intrigued me to no end. I thought you were the dream girl because you were okay with no strings attached, but soon I found out that I only ever wanted you. You were the enigma that I just couldn't quite wrap my head around so I became satisfied with only wrapping my arms around you. I want more Alicia. From the moment I met you I wanted more,"

Silence was the only thing in the room, but inside Alicia's head there was a tsunami berating the walls of her skull. She never knew he felt this way, never had any inkling of his true thoughts. Did she really even know this man she'd spent so long with? Her mind drifted back to the day her mother left, and anxiety riddled her being.

"Killian," She spoke out lightly as her lip quivered. Killian saw the look on her face and sighed, closing his eyes and falling back on the couch, throwing his head black in disappointment. "I'm sorry,"

"It's okay, baby. I knew the second that I started to fall for you that I'd never be the person that would save you," Alicia fell into his arms and stared at the ceiling, too many emotions radiating throughout the room.

"I do love you," Killian nodded and kissed her head, reassuring her of his understanding.

"I know. I love you too," He exhaled sharply, feeling a sudden stinging in his eyes. "But I think it's time this ended, for your sake. I can't be your safety blanket,"