The Man with the Fox Mask

'What is the reason for which you create?' He just existed. And his voice chimed in question. The answer was so obvious that the question never seemed to have one. So why do you?

He smiled. Or maybe he didn't. Can you really tell?

'Maybe that's too hard. Let's try another.' His tail swished. Does he really have a tail? 

'What is original?' He just stood. Time went on. Or it may have not. 

'What came to exist first and there was none like it.' Your voice rang. Is it truly your voice?

He looked at you. Or maybe he didn't.

'What is art?' He moved. Or he was in the same place.

'A representation of feeling.' Your voice echoed. Or maybe it got lost in the void.

He did not speak. Or did he?

'Why.' Your voice hung in between. 

'Because?' His voice dropped in the sea. You stare at your feet and it glimmers a molten deep blue. Or is it dark blue?

'Is there difference?' 

'I don't understand your question.' 

'Which.' 

'You asked me if there's difference. If it wouldn't be you wouldn't be able to ask me which question I was referring to, they'd be the same.' 

He didn't speak to begin with. Or did he? The sea was both deep and dark. 

'Are you unique?' 

'Maybe. I do. Depends.' 

'Interesting. Humans are truly interesting. To the point they're not.' 

'What do you mean?' 

'I mean nothing.' 

'You speak. Therefore you communicate. The act of communication cannot be empty.' 

'I could tell you 'cloud' and not mean anything resembling your information of a cloud.' 

It did hang like a cloud between them without being one. Or did it strike like lightning?

Am I a lie or all the things you don't want to believe?

'You are none and both. And you can't chose.'

'True.'

And there was no more. Or everything began to be.

Do you think materia questions its existence?

'Maybe.' 

'Interesting.' 

'Don't go away.'

'Why should I stay?' 

'Because there's always more to see'