Chapter...(guess what?) 4!!!!

(Back to Trisha’s POV)

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! My hand shot out of the covers and I pressed the snooze button. Nine minutes later, the same routine was going on and I decided to get up. Putting on the first things I saw, I walked downstairs to find everyone sleeping. My mother was snoozing in front of the sink. She was even standing up! I looked around. My dad was asleep in front of the TV. My little sister was on the floor by his feet, asleep also and still holding on to her toys! WTH? How weird! Then, they suddenly woke up and what looked like fire left their bodies! Ok, that was really weird! I grabbed some food and ran to catch the bus! I’d have to figure that one out when I got home or I would be late for school! I already had a rough start and I wanted today to be better. I got to the bus stop to see Mark smiling at me. I waved at him just as the bus rolled up. We both got on and, thank god, we had a different bus lady! This one didn’t seem to hate me but she looked tired! I can relate! I thought. I seemed to be always tired, and hot. No, not beautiful! It always felt like I had some kind of fire burning my body! It was starting to become excruciating! Just thinking about it made it hotter and I winced. Mark looked at me with concern.

“What’s wrong?” he asked.

“Nothing, it’s just really hot! I feel like I’m on fire!” I said, wincing again. His eyes looked sympathetic and he seemed to want to say more but he didn’t. I wondered what he was thinking about. I looked down at my hand. It was red! It looked like it had been sunburned really badly! I gasped as liquid fire seemed to emit from it as well as my other hand! Marcus looked down curiously and then whipped out a cellphone and began to text someone. Odd? It’s kind of a weird time to be texting someone, right? I looked over his shoulder and what he wrote didn’t make any sense. It read; she is making progress way faster than we expected! She going through the first phase and already she’s feeling the pain! I think we should move soon. I looked at him but Mark dismissed me with his hand and sent the text to who knows who! We arrived at school and I reached down to grab my stuff. My arm was turning red! Ohmygosh! What is happening to me, I thought! Mark looked over and his eyes got really big!

“Wow, talk about fast!” he said under his breath. I looked at him funny but kept on walking because if I stopped, I was sure I would burn up and we would be late for class. Both things a definitely didn’t want to experience! Mark grabbed his stuff and ran after me.

“Um Trisha, there is something…interesting…that is going on with your arms and maybe we should go.” He said.

“No way! I already missed my first day and I am NOT missing the next!” I said with defiance. He sighed and said,

“Well, at least let me put something on it so it feels better. This happened to me once and I still have the stuff my mother used when she was alive.” My arms were burning, literally it seemed, so I complied and went with him back outside and around the side of the building. Mark stood in front of me and said,

“Ok, close your eyes because this might sting a little.” I did as he asked me to. I heard him mutter something and then what felt like flames enveloped my arms. I screamed! It hurt so bad, I could hardly take it! I doubled over and Marcus grabbed me. I opened my eyes to see the redness on my arms receding down to my hands, then my fingertips, and finally, it was gone, leaving only a strange little tattoo on my hand. It looked like a dragon and it was inside of a circle. That was definitely not allopathic meds he had just given me, that was for sure! I sighed and hugged him! He stiffened, and then hugged me back.

“Thanks,” I said, “That was really starting to hurt! I don’t know what was happening, but right now, I really don’t care!” I raced back into the school, dragging Mark with me just as the bell was about to ring. Just great!