Chapter 7

“WHAT?! No ma’am you don’t understand this man is apparently my father and I have to talk to him!” I screamed. This so wasn’t happening! I find my dad, only to discover that he’s dying! No, no, NO! The nurse looked at me with a mixture of pity and boredom. I wanted to slap her at that moment. I was getting tired of waiting…

“Look lady, I just recently found out my father was alive. Now he’s a few feet away and I am going to talk to him. Please move aside or I will force my way through.” I said with barely contained annoyance. She looked shocked.

“Well, I guess a few minutes couldn’t hurt...” She said slowly, as if thinking it through. It was all I needed to hear. I pushed past her and down the hall and then stopped because I had no idea where the ER room was! Dragging the nurse and Mark with me, I charged back down the hall towards the man who was my father.

The nurse creaked open the door into a tiny, plain white room. In the center was one of those uncomfortable looking hospital beds. Lying on it was the ghost of a strong man. His arms were ropey with muscle and he had a strong jaw, but his skin was pale and sallow and his chest rose and fell in staggering bursts. At the sound of the door opening, he slowly dragged his eyes open, as if the effort wore him out. He slowly took us in and when his eyes landed on me, they widened and I heard a sharp intake of breath.

“My child…” He whispered faintly. I wanted to pass out.

“Paul? F-father?” I muttered, testing the words out on my tongue. They sounded foreign and off. My eyes began to sting and I had the sudden urge to sit down. The floor looked super inviting at that moment. Mark looked down at me with concern but I paid no attention to him.

“Dad? Is it really you? You’re my dad, right?” I softly asked the man before me.

“Trisha, what are you doing here? What is she doing here?” My father said, turning to Mark.

“I had no choice,” Mark replied, “It was getting too dangerous where she was. Plus her powers have started to develop. She would’ve been a danger to the people around her.”

“Father,” I cut into Mark’s little spiel, “Why? Why’d you leave me with those people? Why? Why?” I kept repeating several times, half delirious. This whole thing was madness. I was starting to fear for my sanity. I mean, at the rate my life was going, I’d be locked up in in some crazy house with the Joker as my roommate. I fell to my knees. “My whole life was a lie. I think I might be sick…” I said, feeling slightly green with a hint of purple. I looked up. “So who’s my mom? I’m assuming it’s not the woman I lived with for my whole freaking life! She can’t really be my mom! And my siblings, they aren’t real either, eh? Here’s a better question: who is?!” I started shouting. Paul looked like he was dancing with death, so I brought it down a notch. He eyes held so much pain.

“Trisha, I-I’m sorry. My biggest regret in life was not being able to see you. I thought I’d die never seeing your sweet face again. It makes me happy that I can see you again. I can’t make up for the years lost, so if you’re mad I understand. “ He said raggedly, his eyes sending a silent message to me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, so I aint quite finished yet! :P In fact, I haven't worked on this book in a while BUT if it gets some positive feedback, then I'll keep on trucking with this story! Like it up peeps! Thank ya!