Surprise!

*A/N: Hi guys, sorry for the delay. This week has been chaotic. Here is the next chapter! 

The apartment was spotless, yet our favorite silver-haired man was running around cleaning invisible dust off the furniture. After once again being content with how the apartment looked, Zero ran to the kitchen to finish making breakfast. His usual graceful movements in the kitchen, were no longer there. He felt anxious and excited at the same time, since he received the recent text from Kaname, stating he was on his way. This caused Zero to lose all ability in keeping still. He was bouncing on his feet and could not stop his hands from fidgeting.

"Jeez Zero, relax," he muttered, as he scrambled the eggs.

'Wait, how do I greet him? With a handshake? No, a hug. Hm...maybe a kiss.' Zero thought and shook his head. He could not stop himself from blushing as he remembered the kiss.

Once the eggs were done, he separated them onto two plates. On the plate, he added homemade hash browns and placed two pieces of bacon, which he had fried earlier, on each. Lastly, he started preparing pancake batter, to make his famous blueberry pancakes. He set out to start making the pancake, making sure to butter the pan and spreading the blueberries on the pancake, eating a blueberry every time he added some. Thankfully, he was able to control his mind as the aroma of the pancake spread throughout the apartment.

As he was working on the last one, a sudden knock on the door was heard, causing Zero to flinch. He took a deep breath to calm himself down and wiped his hands on the kitchen towels. He practically ran to the door, but slowly pulled it open.

"Good morning Kaname. Come on in," Zero greeted, with a shy smile on his face.

"Good morning Zero," Kaname responded, with his own smile.

Zero moved away to let Kaname in but was stopped and pulled into a hug. Zero was shocked, but happy to be in Kaname's arms. He was even happier when Kaname moved his hands lower and wrapped his arms around Zero's waist, pulling him closer and hiding his face into his neck. This caused shivers to run through Zero's body and a wide grin to appear, so he slowly moved his arms, that were currently pressed against Kaname's chest, and he laced them behind Kaname's neck. They stayed like this for a few minutes, before reluctantly pulling away.

"Sorry, I could not help myself," Kaname said, mischievously, clearly not sorry.

"I am not going to lie, I am glad you couldn't," Zero said, shyly, biting his lip after.

Kaname's eyes shot towards Zero's lip, watching the abuse Zero was currently doing. Unconsciously, Kaname tugged at Zero's lip, causing him to let go, He held the bottom lip between his index finger and thumb, massaging the abused lip. Zero's eyes became heated as he stared into the other's similar gaze.

"Zero," Kaname said, huskily.

Zero was at a lost for words when he heard Kaname's voice and just watched him. His heart started beating erratically as Kaname brought his face closer. Right when they were about to kiss, the smell of something burning filled the air.

"Oh shit! The pancake!" Zero yelled, pushed Kaname away and ran into the kitchen. Rapidly, he turned off the stove and grabbed the pan of the burner. He threw the charred pancake into the trashcan and placed the pan in the sink, running cold water over it. As the smoke, from the wet pan, filled the room, Kaname walked in.

"Can I help you with anything Zero?"

"No, it's fine I finished. I know we are leaving, but I thought it would be nice for us to have breakfast together. But now that I think of it, you might have eaten something before you headed here," Zero rambled, embarrassed.