« Chapter One

My name is Adelaide, Adelaide Eaton. I have been an Eroi, or unwanted child, since I was four years old, I had just started to learn about my powers. They realized I wasn't normal when I was sitting on the couch and turned invisible all of a sudden. I guess no one would consider that normal. The world I once lived was perfect, beautiful everything but what I thought of it. But they took me. This world , Ferilox , is only habited by us 450 Erois. Theres no adults, we don't know why. There's kids, there's teenagers, but no adults. We take care of ourselves.

Theres only 25 powers a person can have, flying, intangibility, force field, mind control, superhuman intelligence, immortality, talking to animals, superhuman agility, time manipulation, echolocation, precognition, wall crawling, atmokinesis, mind read, superhuman speed, telepathy, night vision, time travel, invulnerability, water breathing, superhuman endurance, superhuman strength, invisibility, and power mimicry.

Every single one of us has a different power. I have mastered 23 out of the 25 powers there are. The only powers I haven't yet conquered are mind read, and invulnerability. I don't know why though. We practice our powers every day. Somehow the government thought it was okay to have a school for our powers in our planet, but thought staying in the World was complete chaos. I don't blame them. We are powerful, we could take over them. But we never should. We have rules. Important ones.

1.Never fall in love with a human person.

2.Use powers just if needed, don't ever use them just because

3.Don't use your power as violence.

There's more, but they are still being discussed

The morning of July 21st was chilly, there was wind blowing. I was walking down the aisle of our cells, to which I may add were plain gray, walls were the only thing that surrounded us. There wasn't anything unusual going on, which I was glad for. A couple of 10 year-old boys started running in the hall bumping into me.

"Careful guys!" I smiled. I loved kids, and I loved being the one in charge of everything.

I walked to the cafeteria and grabbed a tray. Looking through the kind of food served I decided on some fries and a bottle of water. We still had normal food no matter how far we where from our real homes. I sat down, alone observing everyone. I looked across and saw Robert, he was shirtless and you could see his tattoo. We all had different ones, we were marked so they could know if we where Erois or not. Mine was a flower situated in the middle of my spine. I smiled thinking about it. I had always thought it was what made us beautiful, and kept us together, despite everything that happened to us.

I looked to the television on top of me and was quite confused when it started to change colors, and went black. It turned on again and I was terrified. What could possibly happen so that the governor of the whole world would broadcast our world?

"Erois, we need you..."

Silence

"We're being attacked, tomorrow at 6:30 a.m be ready they will be waiting for you"

And the screen went black.