Chapter 5

Draco

"Granger! Granger! Move your bag off the middle of the floor!" I yelled. Silence.
I slowly crept along the common room till I was at her door.
"Granger?! I know youre in there!" I started to hear whisps of sniffling from the other side. "Granger?"
I pushed open the door to find her laying face first on her bed, her breathing coming in sharply. As I walked to the side of her bed I saw she had been throwing her clothes around. I carefully stepped over some and knelt down beside the bed.
"Granger? Are you alright?" I didnt get a reply. "Granger? If you dont wish to talk, fine. But would you come remove your bag off the floor?"
She slowly sat up and started wiping her eyes. From what I could tell was that she didnt want me to see, but I did anyways. Her face was a shade of pink, and her eyes were slightly puffed from crying. Granger? Crying? Thats knew, but Ive always know that underneath that tough front, she was as breakable as glass.
She got up and drifted out of the room, when she came back, she had her bag and a few more books from the shelf. She sat them in a corner and fell face first on her bed again.
"Granger? Do you want to talk?" I whispered. No reply. As I started to move to walk away something pulled at my sleeve. I looked down and saw she had only lifted her arm enough so she could grab my sweater. I sat on the bed this time and asked again, "Do you want to talk?" She shook her head but replied,
"No, but can you stay and talk about something? To distract me?"
"Sure, about what though?"
"Anything." And with that I decided to lay back against a pillow and talk about life in the war. While doing so I started to remember my aunt being killed, when I choked on my words about her, Granger grabbed my arm in a comforting way.
Towards 11 I went to my own bed, only to hear at 1 Hermione, Granger, screaming. I threw back my covers and ran to her room, Theo was in there.
"Theo? What are you doing in here?" I said, making myself known. They both jumped in suprise and Hermione, Granger, let out a squeeking type sound, causing Theo to laugh.