chapter 5

Suddenly, lightning flashed and the lights flickered and the TV screens showed a couple of dark figures with beady red eyes.

"DUCK!" Mike's voice called out in her deep demonic voice which came with her werewolf transformation.

"Mommy." Daffy's eyes widened as he was now scared out of his wits.

The second voice laughed wickedly while making strange noises, revealing to be the Tasmanian Devil AKA Taz.

"Listen, Mr. Ghosts, I'm not sure exactly what you're after-" Daffy began.

"YOU!" Mike snapped.

"I don't know what they're paying ya down at the Ghost Company, but whatever it is, I'll triple it!" Daffy panicked as he brought out a roll of money.

Taz grabbed the roll of money and ate it like it was food then spit it out, leaving it to little pieces.

"It's time to take you to the afterworld!" Mike told Daffy.

"Oh, no, no, thank you, I'm good." Daffy replied.

Mike and Taz ignored his protests and soon took him into the Christmas Future. They were soon outside and at a graveyard.

"W-W-Where are we?" Daffy shivered.

"Christmas Future." Mike and Taz told the black duck.

"Try that again, and this time, with a little enunciation." Daffy replied.

"CHRISTMAS FUTURE!" Mike and Taz repeated aggressively.

Daffy yelped and soon fell back into an open grave. "Well, I don't mean to tell you your business, Muscles and Wolfy, but I think you got the wrong holiday!" he then glared up at the two of them while climbing out of the grave. "This place has a distinctly Halloweeny vibe to it!"

Zoey was heard crying and Daffy looked over to see her wearing black as she was with Jasper, Garnet, Amethyst, Pearl, Steven, Jo with Justine, Dawn with Cassius, Mike Doran, Dakota with Sam, Anne Maria with Johnny, and Jade with Scott who were all also wearing black and bowing their heads, Mike Doran was holding Zoey close as he looked quite grim for her as a casket was being lowered into a marked grave which said 'FRANCINE BARBARA GIBSON' on it.

"Who's Francine Gibson?" Daffy asked.

"Zoey's mother who was really sick!" Mike replied.

"Oh..." Daffy said before his eyes widened. "Oh!"

"That's okay, Zoey, let it all out..." Mike D sighed in grief. "I'm so sorry she got so sick."

"Is Zoey's mom giving up her physical form?" Steven asked Garnet.

"No, Steven," Garnet replied. "Mrs. Gibson wasn't like your mother... She's gone from disease because Zoey wasn't able to afford the medicine yesterday before the stores closed for Christmas morning."

"This is so sad." Steven sulked.

Amethyst just cried and hugged Pearl who patted her back.

"I actually liked her," Jasper said. "I mean, I just don't understand why she had to die."

"It's all that stupid duck's fault!" Anne Maria huffed. "We should kill him!"

"Now, now, Anne, violence is never the answer." Johnny comforted.

"H-H-H-Hey, there, Merry Chr-Chr-Christmas..." Porky walked over with his daughter and triplet nephews.

"Merry-" The pig in red began.

"Christmas-" The pig in purple added.

"Guys." The pig in aqua concluded.

"Zoey, I'm so sorry for your mother's death," Priscilla told the indie chick. "I know how it feels to lose a mother."