Chaper Twelve

An sits with Mae at her side by the canoe Lake, Alex and some of the other demigods from the Hermes cabin are canoeing. Mae looks out over the canoe lake and giggles. "An, look who's looking this way!"

Angelica looks up and see Alex staring at them. She smiles and waves. From across the lake they here a chorus of whoops and hollers. An laughs and shakes her head. "So Mae, how is the Aphrodite cabin?" 

Next to An, Mae giggles. "The older girls talk about boys they think are attractive. It's funny. They also talk about fashion, A LOT." 

"That sounds absolutely horrid in my opinion. But that's probably only because I'm not a daughter of Aphrodite." Together Mae and Angelica sit watching the Hermes kids row and row, until finally they start to head toward the beach. "They must be tired. Their arms are probably sore. I know mine would be." 

When they reach the beach, Alex walks out of the water and walks towards Mae and An. "Hello Ladies. I saw you admiring my muscular arms from afar, as I canoe'd the canoe..." Alex thinks for a second and realizes what he said might not have sounded as smart as it had in his head.

Both Mae and An burst out with laughter. "Canoe'd? Seriously Alex? Also, what muscles?" 

As a response, Alex lightly taps at the bottom of Angelica's bare feet with his toes and laughs sarcastically. "Hahaha, very funny. So An, You busy tonight? Or are you and the others from the Apollo cabin leading the campfire songs?"

"Well, Michael wanted me to sing but I'm not really into having a large group of people listening to my voice. Besides, I may be the daughter of the God of music, but my singing voice sounds like a cat who just got stepped on." An chuckles. "So no I am not busy tonight. Why? Are you planning on sneaking off?"

"Matter of fact, I was. Except not alone. Angelica, I was wondering if," Before he continues, Alex glances at Mae. "If you'd go... on a date with me." He mouths the last part, so Mae does not hear what he said.

Before An can give Alex her answer, Mae interrupts. "You guys are gross. I'm leaving. Have fun on your date tonight guys!" She jumps up and walks away pretending to be disgusted. 

An laughs at the young girl. "Alex, I would love to go on a date with you tonight." An stands up and collects her things. Together her and Alex walk back towards their cabins, talking about where they would meet tonight, after dinner.

                                    ________________________________________________

HEYO!!!!! So I haven't updated anything in forever and I actually deleted my story Nerd At First Sight, which kind of upsets me but I didn't/couldn't continue with it. This chapter is super mega short but I needed to update something, because I thought 'It's now or never'. 

I don't even know if anyone is still reading this or if anyone was reading this. I realize it sucks but whatevs. I want to finish it. It was the first big writing thing I ever started so yeah.