Chapter 1

Chapter 1

This year will be different. It's a new school, a new life where no one knows who I am. Except why do I have to go to such a large school? I just wanted a quiet place where I won't have to worry about anyone finding out about the past. I slip on my dark blue skinny jeans anyways, toss on my favorite led- zeppelin shirt, beanie, leather jacket, and galaxy printed sneakers. I walk into my bathroom and put on my eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara the usual stuff in an attempt to make myself somewhat presentable. My hair looks the same, dark red wavy hair down to my chest. God I should have re painted my nails they look like shit. The black nail polish is chipped everywhere from my scrapping it off all the time. I at least I got somewhat of a tan from being outside in the sun. I'm not used to the hot Californian Sun, and even looking at my tan it's still nothing compared to the bronze Californian girls.

"Max we have to go, you're going to be late for your first day of school"

my mom interrupts as I'm throwing my stuff into my black backpack. Necklace check, wallet check, journal, journal, where the fuck is my journal. "Moms where's my journal?!"

"It's on the couch where you left it last night!"

Thank god for that. I run down the steps where my journal lays on our ugly yellow couch as I left it. I grab my water, pills, and a piece of toast and jump into my mom's black Buick. It's only about two minutes to my school which is good because I want to save the long conversations with my mom. "Max!"

my mom yells as I'm walking for the school.

"Smile for once."

she gives me a big smile and I push my way through the heavy, black doors into Adams High.