Chapter 8

Chapter 8

The next day Isaac arrived at my house around 10:30. Today he brought his own black t-shirt instead of him wearing my ugly pale yellow one he wore yesterday day for painting.

"Good morning Max."

"Good morning Isaac. The walls are all dry so looks like we can paint the galaxies today. I already cut up the sponges and got the paint ready so we can start right away."

"Sounds good to me."

We went inside then straight up to my room. Isaac looked extremely confused and asked

"Max, I have no fucking clue how to paint a galaxy."

"Watch I'll show you."

I turned on my iPod and put on the song Cough Syrup by Young the Giant on the stereo. I then grabbed a sponge so I could apply the paint lightly. I told him

"Well first I try to visualize what I want to paint, and then I paint it."

I closed my eyes and tried to visualize what I thought was a perfect galaxy. I imagined a bright white center mixed with orange and yellow. Then around the center it was a light purple enclosing the white. Then there was green and blue blended into the outer purple ring. Then there was a black surrounding the rest of the galaxy and the stars lingered into the darkness. I grabbed my sponge and dipped the top half in white paint. Then, almost like something was possessing me, my body just started to paint what my mind imagined. Whenever I painted I fell like my mind wasn't there, but instead like a spirit telling my body what to do. When I finally came back to reality I had my perfect galaxy on my wall. I looked back at Isaac and noticed his astonished look on his face.

He muttered "That was amazing. It was like you weren't even there, but it was just a spirit telling your body what to do. It was absolutely beautiful. Can you just paint the walls I like watching you paint."

"Sure. Just keep quiet and I won't even remember you're there" I replied.

He zipped his lips to indicate he was going to be quiet and then I turned around and started to paint again. When I finished I stepped back and looked at my walls with a satisfying smile. I then turned around and looked at Isaac and asked

"What do you think?"

" I think..... I can't describe them. I would say they are incredible. I don't want to sound like a creep, but next time you paint could I come watch you. You are fascinating."

"You really like it?"

"I love it."

He was right next to me and in that moment I felt like we were the only two people in the world. We were face to face and extremely close. I couldn't help but notice how perfect he was. He had freckles scattered across the bridge of his nose and cheeks, but what I really noticed were his deep green eyes with traces of gold in them. I've never been this comfortable with a person before, yet everything felt so right. I could feel his warm breath against my forehead and then ever so slowly he tilted his head down and leaned slightly right. He then moved his hand to the side of my jaw, and I tilted my head slightly upwards until our lips finally met. It was a strong yet passionate at the same time. I moved my hand involuntarily to the back his neck making a rainbow hand print just below the his hair. I could feel the energy and heat running through my body. I've never kissed someone before, but in that moment it all felt right and the world and time stopped around us.