Warning

That's not the title of the story but I did want to warn whoever you are that this has a bunch to do with the holocaust b/c that is what the assignment was for. if you have a problem with anything to do with the holocaust or Hitler plz don't read. thank you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  June 10,1942

Hi. My name is Olivia Gilmore,  I'm fourteen and live in Latvia. I have begun this diary because I have been moved to the ghetto and I fear for my life. Chloe and I had been in her aunt's kitchen playing dice when the NAZIs started to forcefully enter Jewish homes. Chloe's not even a Jew, I don't know where she id right now, but I remember the terrified look on her face before she was knocked out by a board. I have no clue where my mother and father are, but I can only hope that they are together, as my father is ill.

June 11,1942

I've found my mother, or rather she found me. She stopped me on the streets and my heart filled with joy to see someone I love still alive. She then told me that my father had died from malnutrition and illness and my heart dropped a little.

The NAZIs have started to round us up again, I have my mom but I wish I knew where Chloe was. I don't want to leave Latvia without my best friend, but I don't really have a choice. I hope she's alright.

June 17,1942

I arrived at Auschwitz somewhere in Poland and as I walk through the gates I see the words "Arbeit Macht Frei" meaning "Work Will Set You Free". God I hope that's true.  The Germans inside gave me a pair of clothes that look like pajamas with blue and white stripes. The shirt also has the number 1426 on it.

June 30,1942

I've decided to try and look for Chloe. I've been alone and scared for weeks and miss her, mom, and dad. I don't even know what happened to mom, but seeing and moving the dead bodies everyday has made me lose hope of ever seeing her again. I'll write again if I find Chloe.

July 24,1942

I've found her! I found Chloe! She looks terrible, but I'm sure I look just the same I can't remember the last time I smiled like I did when I saw her. Her job is to shave the hair of the dead and clean the crematoriums.

August 15, 1942

I'm so hungry. All I get to eat and drink is stale bread and coffee with no taste. If I'm lucky I get some soup. I saw Chloe with a black eye and busted lip. She told me that the SS guards had beaten her for trying to escape. I then old her that I wasn't getting food today or tomorrow because I failed to remember that my name is now 1426 and not Olivia.

August 17, 1942

I'm staring and I've lost all my strength. I don't have long and I know it. The only hope I have left is that someone finds this diary and shows it to the world. That they see the terrible things Hitler has done. So they will know why something like this should never happen again. I hope my diary makes an impact on the world, and with that I must say goodbye.

*The next day Olivia failed to do her job due to her being weak. She was forced to line up in front of the wall with the others and was shot at the age of fourteen*

589 words were typed here and written twice on paper.