Chapter 1

Queen America's POV

Maxon and I are in a deep conversation concerning Augustus and Georgia. "They want to meet again. I don't know what more they could say since we just met last week. They say it is important." Maxon says.
"I think you need to meet. The castes are gone now, people are finally happy." I responde.
"Yes, yes and Illéa owes that all to you." Maxon gives me a kiss.
Brandon walks in with his four little siblings in tow. I told Maxon that we would have a lot of kids. Brandon is 19, and the selection forms were sent out yesterday. He looks just like his father, but has my eyes. Then there is Tari, 15 and she is like her father when it comes to problems. She paces and paces but her hair is strawberry red. Olivia and Clarissa are twins and a big handful. They just turned 11 and feel like they should rule the world. Maxon sometimes give them fake assignments to make them feel like they are helping. Last is Josh. Josh is 7 and absolutely adores his older brother Brandon. Just like Gerald used to adore Kota. Maxon smiles at me as our children come and sit at the table.
"Brandon," Maxon says "the selection forms were just sent out." All of the color drains from his face. I can almost imagine his nervousness right now, much like mine when I was chosen.