Day 7

Day 7:

The team was back into the Resistance Head Quarters. Even though they came back alive, they still failed their mission...the most important one....this ended it all.

.

.

.

"You know I don't tend to do this...but as you know... we can't let mistakes happen...you have disappointed me"

"Knuckles, we really-"- Sonic began but Knuckles snapped at him.

"I AM YOUR LEADER, DO NOT ADDRESS ME SO SIMPLY!"

Sonic couldn't believe how much Knuckles had changed, for even a second...

Knuckles sighed at how depressed everyone was looking at him. Maybe he was being too hard...

"This was our last chance... what are we supposed to do now? Without the Chaos Emeralds.... we can't...win....All of those lives...ALL BECAUSE OF YOUR INCOMPETENCE!"- Knuckles was furious, more than anything he was devasted. He failed as a leader, but most importantly he failed to protect the people who swore to protect.

"I am sorry commander...You trusted me in this mission...I failed everyone"- Silver said as he looked down at the floor.

"What...are we going to do now?"- Amy asked, asking more to herself than to knuckles.

"....I am disbanding the resistance...."

Knuckles simply said and he turns around as to feel shame for not being able to accomplish his own mission.

"Sir! You can't do that!"

"Yes, I can and I will"

"What about the people who live here? Do you plan on leaving behind your comrades?"- Shadow asked him.

"Don't you dare talk to me about "leaving my comrades... you are the one who disappeared when Eggman attacked... we needed you...but you never appeared"

Sonic felt as if his knuckles' words were more directed towards him. Shadow said nothing, he had enough of what he saw between Amy and Sonic the other day, he didn't need this right now.

"You know what? You are right this is none of my business...I should of never come...I'll take my leave now"- Shadow said as he turns around to leave the room.

"Wait! Shadow! Don't leave us!"- Amy yelled at him from across the room. Shadow stopped walking. He really hated the power she had over him. Even with his broken heart... his heart, which was completely for her.

"Let's all calm down and talk about this alright"- Sonic said trying to light up the mood.

"You have no right to talk Sonic! You always see everything as a joke! You left us as well! We suffered so freaking much. So much! People died waiting for you! But when you came, it results that you are not the Sonic that we wanted... You lost your memory... you are NO Sonic to us!"- Knuckles was having a mental breakdown right now and there... his eyes had seen so much ever since he began creating the resistance. This failed mission was the end of everything. Now he wanted to go down. Sonic really couldn't take it anymore... if everything was going to hell... his promise to Shadow might be as well.

"I AM SONIC, SONIC THE HEDGEHOG AND I KNOW EVERYTHING! I LIED TO YOU ALL BECAUSE SHADOW MADE ME PROMISE TO NOT SAY ANYTHING! HE MADE ME ACT AS IF I HAD NO MEMORY! SO DON'T YOU DARE SAY THAT I DON'T FEEL ANYTHING, BECAUSE THE PEOPLE YOU SWORE TO PROTECT WERE ARE ALSO MY PEOPLE! "

Everyone was paralyzed by Sonic, all of them for different reasons... and as he finished taking a paused, he continued:

"...and you will never...ever know...how it feels like having people die because of you", Sonic has hurt. Completely gone and done by his emotions. He looked at Knuckles with so much dissatisfaction but sadness within himself.