Chapter 15: Information

This was much more than she wanted to deal with today. She didn't want to deal with any of this, or anything after this... She didn't like it. 

"Nagisa..." Ravi managed, Fey catching just what the woman was saying, "Fey didn't scare me... I was scared he'd kill you... I was scared I'd lose you before your time..." The elf sobbed out, Nagisa sloppily kissing her to silence her, "I can't..."

Fey bit her lip and swallowed, taking a deep breath. That's what it was. She was afraid that she'd lose Nagisa...

"I was cold... I'm afraid of where we are, I don't like this... I wanna go home..."

"Sh, Ravi..."

That was what it was; Ravi was homesick and just... that's what. There was no excuse for it though, not the threat. If Ravi annulled the marriage... She didn't know what to do.

The human tightened her grip on her book and shuddered, closing her eyes. She really didn't know what she would do if Joe was no longer her own in the law. Sure, they could remain as partners but... Fey closed her eyes even tighter and bit her lip, taking a deep breath. She could hear Terrin and Laurien talking, the Tiefling trying to ask the elf to the bar and get a drink, Odella was currently drinking...

She just wanted Joe.

It was a long day, and she was ready to just settle down and hold onto her husband. She just wanted to get all the issues taken care of and settle down. She was tired, sore, and craving her husband's attention.

Her eyes slowly opened, and she watched as the others drank and spoke to patrons, just able to hear a patron tell Odella that a celestial landed a little bit ago. That would have been Joe... But now he was pointing towards the outskirts of the town, Odella talking to him before Fey looked away and back at her book. It was time for her to rest, and hope that Joe comes to her that night.

Amnon was no longer there, she realized, and she stared towards the door and then looked back at the group. That was a good sign to go home.

The woman slowly stood up and left the bar, ignoring the sounds of her companions as she made her way to Amnon's home.

She entered, glanced at the man, and then slipped into a room where she sat down and held onto herself, "Joe? If you can hear me, I really want you to hold me tonight."

"Done." A knock sounded on the home and Fey lifted her head to see Amnon open the door, give a squeal, and scurry off as Joe came in. He wasted no time in sitting beside her and pulling her tightly into his arms, the man laying down and curling around Fey as she stared into the distance and then fell asleep.

She woke to find him still with her that morning, his grip tightening as he felt her moving before he turned her and cuddled her close, "I've got to leave soon..."

"I figured." Fey mumbled, "Just hold me until you go, please?" She didn't want to be alone until she had to be, but when she heard Ravi and Nagisa begin to awake she gave a sigh, "I'm going to go talk to her."

"Are you sure?"

"I made a mistake and I let my anger do the talking. I need to apologize."

Fey fell silent as Joe kissed her and pulled her near, the Planetar nodding a bit, "That's one of the things I love the most about you." He whispered, "You care so much about everyone."

She gave a faint smile before slowly pulling away and starting to Ravi, giving a soft 'hey'. The elf responded in kind, avoiding her gaze.

"I was thinking last night."