Chapter 14: Splitting the Party

Fey shifted on the boat, opening her eyes to see that Joe had left again. She sighed and closed her eyes for a moment, shivering and curling up, "Joe's gone?" 

"He left a little bit ago, no real answer. We're by a town."

The woman glanced at Odella and slowly sat up, "how close?"

"Close enough."

A surge of power fell over Fey and she gasped out, Verena bowling her into the water. Her lungs tightened, and she sucked in a breath, finding that the water flowed easily into her lungs as though it was air. She stared up at the surface before kicking to see if she could break it, coughing out as she watched Laurien's boat fold up.

They weren't quite to the harbor yet, the whale staying still beside Nagisa as others tried to break the surface as well.

All at once, a shriek of pain filled the air. Laurien thrashed a bit, shuddering and reaching down as though he had a leg cramp. A red cloud seemed to be blooming around him, and Fey looked around with wide eyes. A sheen floated above the water and Fey found herself unable to see the rest of the party.

Above her, on the dock, Fey could see that a Tiefling was staring down at them, a crossbow in hand. Laurien surfaced with a gasp and started looking around, "Something shot me with ice!"

There was no time for Fey to answer as the blue whale surfaced in front of them, the woman holding tightly to Verena and shuddering. She was so cold, and it was so wet... She didn't like it.

A splashing filled the air and Nagisa was suddenly on the dock, having jumped from the water very similarly to a fish escaping predators. Ravi swam up and then leapt into the air, doing two front flips, and soon she and the Death Knight were on the dock with Nagisa and the water elemental.

There had to be some sort of magic, if Laurien had ice in his leg. The woman stared around to see if she could feel magic, the woman stiffening a bit as she felt nothing. That wasn't a good sign... She shuddered and looked back at the dock before taking a deep breath and lunging.

Her fingers grasped into the wood and she forced herself up, pulling herself up onto the dock and coughing as she laid there. It was still so cold, and very slick on the deck. She wasn't a fan of it, and right now she could only hope and pray she'd be warm at some point.

Fey glanced towards the water before seeing the whale freeze up, ice surrounding its large body and floating. Nagisa gave a sound of utter despair and crumpled to the ground, sobbing as Ravi held onto her.

Terrin gave a sudden cry and he shuddered while in the water, another red cloud going around him as ice slowly showed through the water. Odella grabbed Laurien and pulled him onto Verena, the eidolon slowly shifting before forcing itself out of the water and onto the dock.

Laurin gave a shriek, 'whooping' as the eidolon jumped before he fell into the water, clinging to the edge of the dock after hitting his head.

"It's noncorporeal!" Nagisa shouted.

The new Tiefling shot into the water and Fey jumped a bit, forcing herself up to help Laurien get out of the water, the man managing to pull himself up as Terrin pulled himself onto the dock as well. A sudden smack filled the air and Fey looked over to see Terrin in pain, his thorn whip having struck him as he tried to connect it to the dock.

Laurin kicked his leg down on the dock to break the icicle off, Fey helping him stand before slowly sinking down, needing to breath a little bit before helping anyone else. Ravi caught her eye as she started to walk away, and Fey frowned a bit before looking towards the water.