Not A Twin Anymore

Yume POV

I stare at the untouched letter. Hoping that If I stare at it just long enough it'll burst into flames and none of this had happened. That my sister's death yesterday was nothing but a bad dream.

But it's not. I know it's not. And that fact alone makes me want to scream. Scream at the fact that life is cruel. Scream at Brec for not telling me. Scream at myself for... Everything.

Brec left each and everyone of us letters. Even Laura. And her and Laura hardly even talked to each other.

I can't take it any longer. I squeeze the envelope so tight I make wrinkles on the paper and throw it down. Tears gliding down my cheeks.

I feel arms wrap around me and instantly recognize them. They're Subaru's. I try to push him away. Yank away from his grip. I even try hitting him in the stomach.

"Let me go Subaru!"

I feel him shake his head no.
"Not until you calm down!"

He yells. But not with anger. He yells it like as if it's the only way I'll hear him.

A part of me wants to listen. Wants to listen to Subaru. To just calm down and read the letter. But a bigger part of me wants to be alone. To be alone and just cry.

Without thinking, I quickly jab Subaru in the stomach with my elbow. This causes him to let go and hold his stomach. I quickly take the advantage and run out the room.

I run through the halls. Not even knowing where to go. I pass by Nurse Rose who looks at me concerned. I see a hint of red on her face. She's still crying.

I run by the room we're all staying in. Which has literally has everyone in it. Even all the members of Honoka's ex-idol group. μ's. They see me run by and quickly leave the room. Oh yeah I forgot. Though I'm still partly healthy. I still can't run.

I'm about to turn a corner to cut everyone off from me until some familiar orange haired girl stops me from doing so. She grabs me the same way Subaru did and stops me. Placing her right arm around my waist and her left on the back of my head.

Again. Just like Subaru. I try to push her away. Wanting to get out of this stupid hospital. To get away from the smell of death. The pity. Everything and everyone in this stupid prison!

"Yume! You know you're not supposed to run! You're still weak just a bit!"

I grab and yank Honoka's arms off me. Furious. Tired of all this crap. Tired of everyone trying to comfort me. I don't care if it's the "best" medicine for grief! I just want to be alone with my self and my thoughts! Why is that so hard to happen!!

"Oh so you whine about me running instead of our sisters death!"
I shout. Ignoring the burning in my chest. A feeling that I haven't felt in such a long time that I'm no longer used to it's pain.

Honoka holds her pointer finger up like as if she's telling a 4th grader to wait until she talks. She's looking down with her eyes closed.

"Yume I--"

"You haven't shed one tear since she died! I don't care if she just died yesterday! You're acting like you don't even care!"

"Yume!-"

"Maybe because you're not fully related to us! The only thing we share in common in our blood is our mom! Maybe it has to do with the fact that because we're not fully related you couldn't bring yourself to care about either of us because you're not really our sister!"

I shout at her and instantly regret it. My hands fly up to my mouth and cover it feeling the tears stains that are still falling.

Honoka is looking down. You can't see her eyes, her bangs are covering them I wait for her to say something but nothing comes out. At this point I'm fully aware at the fact that everyone is behind me. Including Subaru.

I open my mouth to say something but it is instantly shut when Honoka suddenly slams her left fist into the wall. Making a loud bang noise.

"I haven't cried because I know she wouldn't want me to. She wouldn't want us to waste our tears on her. And I have to be strong for you Yume!"

She looks up at me. We make eye contact for the first time since we went from having 2 sisters to just having 1.

"How do you think I feel!? I'm you're older sister! I'm older than y'all! I was  supposed to protect you both! But in the end I couldn't even do that! I only have one of you left and I don't want to lose you either!"

And that's when tears finally glide down Honoka's cheeks. They're like a calm waterfall. Just never-ending.

I then know what I have to do. What I have to do to help me with this pain.

I quickly start to run. I run until I find an empty room and lock the door. I hear Subaru's worried voice trying to get it open. I find what I'm looking for. A blade. I slowly place it and swipe. I

I slowly open the door. The blade still in my hand. I see everyone stare for just a bit. But it's not until Lily see's the blade when she comes rushing to me.

"Yume! Please tell me you didn't!-"

At first I'm shocked by her words. Because it's the first time she's ever called me Yume without the -Sama part.

I don't realize what she means until she starts checking my arms and legs. When I realize what she meant. I quickly drop the balde and slowly hold her by her shoulders.

"Lily. I'm fine."
I say with a gentle smile.

"Then--Then why do you have a blade!?"

I chuckle slightly and point to my hair. She stares confused until she smiles.

"Your hairs short! Just like Bre--"

She pauses. Realizing the reason behind my action. I place my hands behind my back and smile.

"I'm taking the surgery a week before I start high school."

I slowly turn around and smile.

"And then. Live the rest of my life for Brec."