Chapter 7

"Mom what are you making a fuss about?" Yolanda nagged after coming from school already disappointed by the fact that she has to go to Korea. Her mother was playing 'Cherry bomb' by NCT and doing all the dance moves she could, ending up looking like she is possessed, atleast to Yolanda, that's how she sees it. "Mom, I think you should start acting your age. I mean, why'd you go crazy over idols who are atleast 20years younger than you?" Yolanda questioned while sighing. "Yaaa does age matter? I'm just fangirling? What is it to you? Stop butting and let me enjoy please. There's food on table and if you're upset because you're hungry, please eat and then talk" her mom screamed while moving herself to the music. "Ani, I'm not even hungry. Mom I've to go to Korea this week. Ugh, school singing club trip to the entertainment companies of Seoul, and I don't know..blabla. Boring. I don't wanna go", Yolanda scoffed. "What?! How is that a bad news? I wish I was in your school, I wanna go too. You lucky girl. You should go! You're going, end of the matter!" her mother fired back. "Ugh like I've a choice. My life is never on track" Yolanda sighed. Yolanda sat to eat when her mom came across the YouTube video in which her favorite member, Jaehyun of NCT received a confession letter from one of her middle school hoobae. Her mom immediately played it and Yolanda was sitting in table, as usual, making disgusted faces. However when Jaehyun started reading that letter, she could overhear it as her mom was playing it pretty loud, Yolanda's facial expressions changed. "Mom..why does all of that sound familiar to me? Like something similar happened to me? Mom did I have a middle school crush on a senior to me?" Yolanda questioned to which her mom, looking pretty agitated, quickly paused it and said "Nop. Not one I could remember. Plus, it's just only been two years since you graduated from middle school. You're in your last year of high school now, you're supposed to remember, if you don't, you had none. Stop overthinking" Yolanda's mom quickly responded and headed back to her room looking somewhat baffled. "Eh oh, what is wrong with her? It was just a simple question. Who said I'm overthinking? I find everything familiar, sometimes. Or not" Yolanda muttered.

--------------------------------------------------

"Take your respective seats now. The flight is about to take off" the head teacher repeated for the last time. Yolanda and her clubmates are finally flying to Seoul, some are so excited to the point, they are having a hard time sitting still. Yolanda's closest buddy, Jenny is a hardcore KPOP stan. Throughout the flight, she kept hitting Yolanda's shoulder once in a while out of extreme excitement. "Could you calm yourself down for like 30minutes even? I need to get some rest before we land. Are you like having all sorts of things in your stomach type of feeling because I'm not and I can't relate so keep quiet and let me be in peace" Yolanda requested. 'It's been three days since I heard that whatever confession video, how is still bothering me? I keep thinking about it and how mom was acting weird too' Yolanda kept being occupied.

"Ya Jenny, who is this Jaehyun?" - Yolanda
"OMG JAEHYUN? YOU LIKE HIM TOO? YOU FINALLY LISTENED TO ONE OF NCT SONGS? I KNEW IT, EVERYONE FALLS FOR HIM. HE IS HARD TO RESIST MAN, I TELL YOU." - Jenny
"Geez, why are you screaming? I'm just curious because my mom talks way too much about him. What's the fuss about? Also, I don't like him, I don't know him and I won't fall for him. Stop being overly excited" - Yolanda
"You haven't even tried knowing them, how can you say you won't like him? Clearly you'll. I mean, he is JAEHYUN. He makes his own members gay for him, especially Taeyong. He is so hot, and omg he is such a cutie too." - Jenny
"Lol, you're overreacting. Calm down, sweetie. Okay but, what was that confession letter he received? Who sent it?" - Yolanda
"OH OHMYGOD THAT, HYEJUNG IS THE LUCKIEST GIRL EVER. I SWEAR. SHE GOT NOTICED BY HER CRUSH AND HE SAID HE WOULD REMEMBER HER FOREVER" - Jenny
"Hyejung...Hyejung? Oh..arasso." - Yolanda

For some reason, Yolanda was having a hard time sleeping on flight, she was thinking about so many things while everyone else fell asleep as it was midnight.

--------------------------------------------------

It was three days ever since Jaehyun met Hyejung. They've been having rigorous practices as they were chosen to perform for an opening stage in Seoul Music Awards. Jaehyun was extremely nervous for the stage and now only 15mins is left to go up there. He was occupied with so many thoughts and majority of them were of how things went three days back, with Hyejung. He was still unable to understand and for the past three days even while practicing, that was all he thought of. One more thing was bothering him, the fact that Hyejung, since then, did not send him a single text. He for three days whined to his members that she is weird, she is probably not hitting him up because she is not normal. Members always shut him up by saying 'Why should she text you? You invited her as an act of apology for the middle school days? Why'd she message you all the time? That is more weird. Are you butthurt?", that's all they'd say all the time.

The time finally came when they were supposed to go on stage. NCT, as usual, as soon as they get on stage, they become fierce and charismatic, contrary to their off stage personalities.

How are y'all?