The Hidden Luna

I growled when I heard my mom banging on my door, shouting for me to get up. They were always shouting at me, because I couldn’t shift. They treated me as if I were a stranger instead of a daughter. They loved my older sister more than anything though, since she was heir to become the pack’s next alpha. I groaned as I slithered out of bed into the cold air. I quickly got dressed and grabbed my bag, deciding not to eat this morning. For years I have put up with my family’s abuse, but never felt depressed and angry all at the same time.

Before I could leave my father walked in, his eyes glowing with pride. He looked at me before they turned dark.

“Why are you still here?” he growled. “You have school.”

“I was just leaving…” before I could say dad, I suddenly became angry. I looked him in the eye with a glare and growled out, “Alpha.”

I shoved passed him and slammed the door shut, completely shocked. What the hell is wrong with me? I’ve never showed that much disrespect, even though they’ve showed me a lot. I ignored it and walked to school, figuring I’ll deal with the punishment later. Once I got to school my cousin smiled and hugged me.

“Hey! I have a huge question.” She said, walking briskly towards me.

“Yeah?” I asked, raising an eyebrow.

“Have you been feeling depressed…angry…and just weird lately? I’ve been so…dominate to my father. He’s the alpha for crying out loud!”

Oh yeah, my dad has two brothers. Each are alphas of a different pack. The packs used to be together, but the pack had grown larger and started mingling with different werewolves. My uncle, Jake, who the eldest and Diamond’s father, was the alpha of the Midnight Moon pack. They were ruthless at times, but strong warriors and very caring of their pack.

The second oldest, my other cousin’s father, was the alpha of the Crimson Moon pack. They were sweethearts and believed that Diamond and I were very special, but everyone would laugh at their beliefs.

Then there’s my father, alpha of the Black Onyx pack. Yes, I know weird name. Our pack is the main pack, the powerful pack. Only out of these three packs though, there were two more packs in the forest that we hardly see. Their teens do go to my high school, but they’re quiet and are always staring at me and Diamond. It made me feel uncomfortable at first, but I’ve gotten used to it.

I sighed, “Yes, it’s strange. I totally disrespected my father this morning; I can only imagine the punishment I’m going to get.” I mumbled.

“I yelled at my father that he can’t control me and my life, then left.” Diamond whispered.

“We’re screwed.”

She nodded as we walked towards the school, when my sister and other cousin appeared. My sister just stared at me, her face blank. Then confusion laced itself into her eyes as she peered at me.

“Why have you been acting so…dominate lately? You can’t shift, yet you’re acting as if you’re an alpha. You’re weak, so don’t be so disrespectful to father and mother.” She warned before walking away.

My cousin, Skylar, only smirked before turning her back. Diamond pursed her lips before turning towards me.

“We are acting dominate.” She said.

I rolled my eyes, “Like I haven’t noticed. Come on, we’re going to be late.”

As my first class started my teacher walked and smiled. “Class, we’ll have two new men joining us today.” He announced.

At that moment a scent that made me go crazy engulfed me. I swallowed my nervousness as a boy walked in. I gaped at him, how he seemed he was formed by the moon goddess herself. He had dark black hair, slightly long and a little curly, beautiful green eyes, olive skin, perfect facial features, and by the way his shirt clung to his body, some amazing abs. He sniffed the air, his eyes searching frantically. When they landed on me I stared at him, our eyes meeting. Suddenly, I felt as if I couldn’t breathe. A voice inside me screamed out “Mate!” making me confused for a second. He smiled and thanked the teacher before sitting in front of me. I could feel my heart quicken as he turned and grinned.

“What is your name?” he asked, his voice was so dreamy.

“I…um…Sage.” I stammered.

“I like it, mine is Mason.”

I swallowed and smiled shyly. “I like it.”

Suddenly, I felt the need to touch him. Shocked and scared, I shrank back a little. He noticed this and chuckled before putting his hand on mine.

“That should help your urge. Seems like we’re mates now, I know many things about you. My men have been following you around, along with the Hawk Moon pack following your cousin, Diamond, around. I also know you hadn’t shifted yet.” He whispered the last part, probably knowing how much I hated to mention it.

I looked at my hands, “Lucky you, you’ve got yourself a sucky mate.” I mumbled.

Suddenly someone gently grabbed my chin and tilted my head up. He looked at me straight in the eye, “Don’t you ever say something like that again. You are beautiful, strong, dominate…just completely breath taking. I’m the luckiest wolf on earth to have such an amazing mate.”

I blinked at him, tears threatening to leak out. I smiled, the biggest grin I’ve ever had. “That…means a lot.” I whispered.

“I know it does, and I’ve watched how your family treats you. I can’t tell you why they treat you that way, has nothing to do with you not being able to shift. Actually, since you can’t shift….your father is even more protective over you. It’s like a female in his pack being weakened by a wound. His alpha instinct is immediately telling him to become protective over you, that you’re in grave danger. You aren’t, but you’re a little weak at the moment.”

I was completely taken aback by his words, but only nodded. If my family only wanted to protect me, then why did they treat me so horribly?

“Oh, and the dominance coming on suddenly within you will be explained sooner or later. When it’s time.” He said, smiling.

I nodded, not fully understanding but just feeling the need to stop this conversation. It came out of nowhere. Our teacher started our lesson as I opened my book. I kept peeking at my new mate, wanting him to hold me.