Eleven

Waking up beside him is something that I could only dream of. Except, this wasn't a dream. This was pure reality, he was laying beside me. His chest moving up and down slowly, soft snores echoing from his chest.

The sunlight was streaming in behind us, warming the chilly room. I had been awake for a few minutes, but nothing major. I enjoyed watching him sleep, watching his face finally turn peaceful.

It was probably a bit stalkerish, but I didn't care. His face was a masterpiece, and I couldn't help but stare.

After yesterday, we had sat around, watching movies and eating popcorn. We talked about anything and everything, laughing about things we had both done as a child. And afterwards, he took me to his room. Nothing happened, we just slept.

I could already feel myself falling for him. It scared the crap out of me, but I also liked the feeling. I liked the idea of thinking that one day, somehow, he and I wouldn't have to hide anymore. Which I understand is the epitome of wishful thinking, but it was fun to hope. To let my heart open up to somebody.

"What're you thinking about, cariño?" he asks, his eyes suddenly open. In the sunlight, they were almost an amber shade, like light shining through a bottle of whiskey.

I hesitate, not wanting to reveal the extent of my feelings for him yet. I wanted things to stay the way they were more or less, and if I say anything about falling for him, I know that they won't.

"Just about how fun yesterday was," I shrug, my hair falling into my eyes. He smiles and brushes it away, his hand resting on my cheek. I revel in the warmth pulsating from it. I can almost feel it through my skin, deep in my bones.

"It was fun, wasn't it?" He laughs with a small smile, happiness radiating from his face as I blush softly. It's not as if I'm embarrassed, but more so happy. Purely and utterly happy.

"I don't think I have ever seen you so relaxed," I say with a giggle, biting my lip. He laughs, a mischievous glint in his eye as he responds.

"That's what happens when you make someone scream like you did yesterday," he smirks, noticing how red my face turns. Leaning over to me, his lips meet mine in a soft kiss.

"That was uncalled for," I laugh softly, looking up at him through my lashes.

"Oh really? So you're saying you didn't like it?"

"Shut up," I laugh, shoving his shoulder back into the bed as I laugh. "Can we just stay here for a while?" I ask hopefully, glancing over to him.

"I wouldn't have it any other way, cariño," he smiles, wrapping an arm around my shoulder as he pulls me closer.