My Power Is...

I stare sadly at the person in front of me, the one who's ranked number two in the whole world. Oh the poor soul, they think they can win, however in this world it's kill or be killed, and I'm the ultimate killer. I am number one, and although I'm number one no one knows what my powers are, this is what makes this sad, this poor girl doesn't know what she's getting into.

Looking down at my arm I think about all the countless names I have written there. They didn't deserve what happened to them, but what's done is done. And now I have to kill again, I don't want to, I try my hardest to get those who challenge me to back down; but it never works, they all fight and die in the end.

"You don't want to do this" I warn them.

"Oh I think I do." The young girl says confidently, as if she's already won.

Using her powers over ice, she bends the water in the air around her into twin daggers. Twirling the ice daggers in her hands, the girl gets into what most would call an offensive position. Sighing I look back at my arms. Going through my options of getting out of this situation in my head, I come to a decision on what I am going to do.

"If I am to fight you, can I at least know your name?" I asked her, my resignation evident in my voice.

The girl shrugs, "I guess it won't do any harm. My name is Celeste," She says not losing her stance, "What's you're name?"

I take a moment to jot down her name. "My name is Carmina." I answer sad that this young girl who looks no older than eighteen is about to die. She nods in acknowledgment, I sigh and get into a defensive position.

"The battle will begin when we count to three," I announce, "One,"

"Two," Celeste says tightening up ready to fight.

"Three!" And with that the battle begins.

Celeste attacks first, her left hand swinging towards my face and her right one towards my gut. I dodge to the side and roll my sleeve up. Taking a special knife that I can write on my skin with, I proceeded to carve her name into my arm as I dodge her attacks. When I am done, I stand still waiting for the blow to come but it never does, it never ever does in these battles, because I always win. Looking up I see the girl, Celeste, frozen in a block of ice with spikes shooting through her body.

There's a reason why nobody can beat me, and why nobody knows what my power is. It's because my power is the ability to turn the person's power against them, and nobody walks away from that in the end.