Ketchup

"Neira?" a tentative voice called from just outside the patio doors. She was still in Judd's cabin, stuffing her face like a ravenous animal hell-bent on eating her weight in various snacks.

She spun, eyes landing on Sada's. Potato chips flew all over the floor. "Jesus," Neira growled, "you scared me."

Sada began to giggle. There were three empty chip bags on the counter and another in Neira's fingers that was pretty much gone. Red smudged around her lips, ketchup chips, no doubt.

Judd and those stupid ketchup pieces of garbage. Sada shook her head. He was always making Landon jump the border and bring a bag back.

"You sure do have an appetite," Sada mused as she came further into the cabin.

Neira swallowed the mouthful she was currently chewing. "I, uh, seem to have it worse than usual."

"Hmm," Sada said with a little laugh. "Doesn't matter how hungry I got; I still wouldn't touch that bag of nastiness."

Neira looked down at the family-size bag of ketchup chips in her hands. She blinked at the empty inside before crumpling the bag into a ball and hucking it over her shoulder. It bounced off the wall, barely making a noise as it hit the floor. Sada giggled at Neira as she swiped the back of her hand over her mouth.

And then she was shoving her hand back into the pantry and pulling out another bag of the delectable little spud slices.

"Nice of you to join the land of the living," Neira stated, feeling the vial way her body ached. Her skin had yet to burn again, but it was only a matter of time before she went loco. She was thankful she wasn't an early bloomer like Sada.

Sada blushed a deep red colour.

"Why is your mate waiting like a lost dog on the porch?" Neira asked over a mouth full of chips. Aja was pacing on the deck, hands behind his back as if he was waiting for a petulant child to get off the merry-go-round.

Sada gave her a playful glare. "He's a little scared of Judd's attitude today."

Rightfully so. The man was in a mood. It could have to do with the tiny detail of running all through the night and the following day to hunt down his little mistake—cranky wolfy.

Sada glanced around the room. "Where is Judd anyway?"

Neira shrugged, tipping the bag back into her mouth to get the last little crumbs of salty goodness. "Your guess is as good as mine. Ran off about a half an hour ago."

Sada gave her a look; one eyebrow raised so high it might as well disappear into her hairline. "Ran off where? Why?"

Neira gawked at her pointed stare, tossing the finished chip bag over her shoulder. "I didn't do anything! He just took off." She waved her hand toward the door.

Sada scrunched her face up, concerned for her brother.

Neira moved, gathering the many demolished bags of chips off the floor and other places, and carried them over to the garbage can. She stuffed them in, using her foot to make it all fit in the already full bin.

"You know what?" Neira said, licking her fingertips, "I think I am going to nap." She looked at Sada, hoping she would understand that the next step to avoid Judd and his slimy little fingers was some damn sleep. She hadn't gotten any with their philandering through the woods.

Sada nodded, "I'll leave you be." She straightened and began to make her way out the door.

Neira blinked at her. "Oh, I'm not napping here," she barked, chasing Sada out the door. "There is no way I'm sleeping here, in his house. Nopes. The farther away from him and his - appendages - the better." Neira wagged her fingers, making a disgusted look on her face.