Hardball

Bang. Bang. Bang.

"Get up, you fucking Idiot."

Bang. Bang. Bang.

"Judd, you fucking asshole."

Judd rips the door open quickly and slips through to the other side before Lincon can wake the finally sleeping shewolf, currently passed out in a pile of tangled blankets on his bed. He twisted his fingers in the shorts he had snagged off the floor. They were barely over his ass when the door clicked softly behind him. It had taken hours to get her to this point - sleeping. Hours of being buried inside her in multiple places and positions within the shower and his bed. She would need more when she woke up, more and more, until the sex craze cleared from her head.

It wasn't a chore, by any means, to have sex with a beautiful, powerful woman until his head spun. Let alone a woman like Neira, strong - and dominant. It was like a little game for him, tame the untamable beast. Pinning her in the days before had been a chore, but in bed? No. Taking her down in bed was addicting. She fought at every stroke, every second. And she had rolled in it, rolled and purred like a cat as she came apart again and again and again.

The part of him that was purely animal was in limbo; his ego boosted to intolerable heights—a proud hulking male of a wolf. Alpha. To be the male to bring down a female like that... Well, he wasn't giving it up now. Not when he had had a taste of it. Shade could suck his dick for all he cared. He was keeping this female.

"What?" Judd snapped in a growled whisper.

"What the fuck are you doing napping at four in the afternoon!" Lincon barked, throwing his hands in the air.

"I wasn't napping," Judd glared, "keep your voice down."

Lincon rolled his eyes. "No! Landon and I spotted Shade and a few of his cronies in town. Aja thinks they are here for Neira, and I can't find her anywhere!"

Judd wanted to hit him - swat him right over his stupid head. "No shit, eh?" Judd mocked, placing a hand under his chin and pretending to think. "I wonder why that is? Maybe it's because she has been with me all afternoon, you half-wit."

Lincon blinked. And blinked again.

"Oh!" he said, eyes gone wide. "She's in there?" He pointed to the door at Judd's back.

Judd ran a hand over his face.

And then a look, one Judd did not like, crossed Lincon's face. Before he could open his mouth to spew some stupid retort about how 'Juddy boy had got some,' Judd half-dragged him out the door. He slid the glass patio doors closed as Lincon's mouth opened wide.

"Neira finally let you smash?"

It was half a question and half an overexcited statement. Judd tried to ignore it.

"You're not even covered in that many-"

Judd cut him off. "You come here to talk about Shade, not my endeavours behind that door."

Lincon scowled, evidently preferring to talk about just how lovely Neira was in bed. "You're a buzzkill; you know that, right?"

Judd waved a hand in his face. "Get on with it, will you?"

Lincon, still scowling, rolled his eyes. "Shade is in town, wandering around and sniffing about with that miserable second of his. He's got the little tavern I like all strung out." Lincon's face fell into a pout, fat lip and the whole deal. "Jainey said he's been asking about you and if there has been a 'lady' in your company."

Jainey. What a saint. Jainey was a human in town, a spy for the pack that came in handy more times than Judd would like to admit. Mostly when it came to Shade and his over-righteous ass. Only she and her sister knew of the pack and their... more presumptuous nature. But that was just because Jainey and her little sister, Lilly, were continually sleeping with Lincon and Landon.