~~Prologue~~

~~Prologue~~

"Louis! Get your butt back here and help me!"

My best friend, and Zayns girlfriend, yells at me.

"Alright I'm coming grouchy ass.." I whisper as I get up from my break.

Perrie pokes her head around the corner.

"Heard you," she smiled at me and rolled her eyes.

I get up and follow her back there. "Okay so I can't figure out how to turn the foam machine off. Ever since we got this new one its got me all messed up."

I just laugh at her and walk around till I get to the off switch.

"Like that see? Per its not that hard."

She gives me the go to hell look.

"Aye bitch just cause ain't no one smart as you, don't mean you gotta be a smart ass 'bout it." I say, laughing.

She just smiles at me again and hugs me.

"Alright Lou. I'm gonna go home to my Zaynie and get some sleep."

She kisses me on the check like always.

"Alright Per, just don't sleep too hard tonight" I winked and ran out of her reach before she could hit me. I was in front of the counter before she threw a whole cup of water at me.

"PERRIE THAT WAS COLD!!!"

She just laughed and waved me off as I tried to grab a towel saying she'd clean it all up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was walking home singing to myself when I suddenly heard loud bangs and crashes from the alley.

"Hello? Anyone there?" I call. "Stupid cats," I mutter as I start to walk again. Suddenly a strange feeling comes over me and I turn around. I don't see anything so I turn back around and close my eyes. But I don't lift my head back up as I continue walking. I hit something hard

"Son of bitch.. Watch what you're... What... I'm sorry..?"

I look back up and see the saddest pair of blue eyes meet mine.

He's got torn pants, what looks like the remainder of a shirt hanging from his shoulders, and some sort of name tag. His shoulders are hunched and he looks as though he is trying to be as small as possible. Something ins tide I me broke.

"Hey now its okay. I'm Louis," I stuck my hand out for him to shake. He just stood there as if I was about to shoot him. He looks at me again and runs off. "What the hell...?" I muttered.

I took off after him.

"Hey are you alright? Let's get you something to eat and drink that sound good?"

Whatever his name was perked up at the mention of food and stopped running. However, he made no move to join me.

What's wrong with him, I wondered. I start to walk and look behind me. He's right behind me but when I look he took a couple steps back .. that's when I realized he was special. It was when I said he just had to be a good boy and follow and I would give him food and water.

He let something come up on his head. They looked like... a second pair of ears? Animal ears? I didn't even notice i was reaching out to touch them until he ... whined? I must be seeing things... I'm that tired. Why is he taking about six steps back out of my reach?

I sighed but started walking home again. When we get there I leave the door open seeing he's still a few feet behind me. I wait till he gets inside behind me to shut and lock the door. He looks a bit scared but as I pull out food on the table he seems to get lost in what seems like a daze. I'm about to ask him what he wants to eat but before I can he just starts to stuff his face with everything. I can hear him hum in pleasure. It looks like he hasn't eaten in days. I take this time to take everything about him in.

He's got blonde hair that he must dye from the brown roots sticking out underneath. His really pretty blue eyes were open and alert as he searched for what he wants to eat next. He's got milky white skin, but he has a really toned body. You can see almost everything from that ripped to shreds shirt.

I then remember that he had on a name tag. I look a little closer and see it says Logan or something. I take my chance as I can. I lean back on my cabinet and take a deep breath and started.

" Sooo.... your names Logan?"

He stops suddenly and just looks at me. I saw a new fear come into his eyes. He stood up and looked like he was gonna cry. He took off running somewhere in the house.

"Wait no.. I just..."

What did I do? I just said his name... I thought with a sigh and started my look through the house.