Chapter 5- Sleeping Over

Chapter 5 - Sleeping over.

"It's time for you to go home, Noah." My pale nurse said to me.

I gulped, "Okay, thank you for taking care of me."

I started getting out of the hospital bed, the kind nurse helped me.

"That boy outside, is he your boyfriend?" She asked me. I inferred she was talking about Calum.

"No, I barely no him." I chuckled.

"Really? Well, he stayed here all night for you." The nurse smiled at me.

I stood up shocked as she handed me my clothes. I took them, thanking her and walking to the bathroom to get changed. I walked out of the doorway and turned left. I stopped in my tracks to see Calum impatiently sitting in a blue chair in the waiting room. As soon as he noticed me, Calum stood up and semi-jogged up to me.

"How are you?" Calum asked patting my shoulder.

"I'm fine, but didn't you go home?" I asked concerned.

"Noah, I need to talk to you." He said, ignoring my question.

I stood there waiting for him to speak. I watched Calum scratched the back of his neck.

"You can't go back to your house, you can stay with me. I don't care if you don't want to, Noah. I can't let you go back home. I mean, after what you told me about what your parents do to you, I can't." Calum admitted.

"But I barely know you-"

"Noah, you're coming with me. We can stop off and get your cloths but, I'm not letting you stay with your parents." He snapped.

"Okay, but will you come in my house with me?" I replied sadly.

"Of course, go get changed and we can head off." Calum smiled.

I smiled back and slowly walked off to the bathroom to get changed.

-

Calum drove into the driveway of my dark house. Both cars were home, a dusty red ute and a white old-fashioned car. I gulped again and turned to Calum who was already getting out of the car. I clicked the seat buckled as it flung up to the top of the seat quickly. I jumped out of the car nervously and walked up to the door with Calum.

"Don't worry, I'm here for you." Calum said to me intertwining his fingers in my hand.

I smiled back as we both walked to the door. I flipped the rough mat over and picked up the cold keys. The door creaked open, I saw both of my chubby parents
sitting on the couch in darkness eating from a bag of chips.

I felt Calum tense up as my dad stood up instantly and shouted, "What the fuck are you doing here!"

"I n-need to get my-"

"No! Go to your room! Who is this?" He yelled pointing his dirty finger to Calum.

I couldn't manage to say anything and gave up, letting to of Calum's hand and stepping into the house. I turned my head to see Calum, despair in his sad eyes.

I heard the door slam shut behind me and the door locking. I suddenly felt a sharp pain on the face.

I winced holding my right cheek.

"Noah! Open up! Noah!" I could hear Calum shout while hitting the door.

I cried as my dad sharply pushed me into the wall. He kicked me multiple times in my stomach, making me fall weakly to the ground.

Calum's P.O.V

I hit the door, my fists hurt but it was for Noah. I heard loud thumped against the walls, Noah crying and wincing. I kicked the door hard, I kicked it again and the door flung open. I saw Noah shoved into the wall by her dad as her mum just sat there's on the couch watching TV. It was a despicable sight, I didn't know what to do.

I ran up towards her dad and pushed him off her, I reached my arm back and hit his round face with all my anger.

"Leave Noah alone!" I screamed pushing him to the floor.

He fell on he wooden floorboard with a loud thump. I leaned down to Noah, who was on the ground crying. I hugged her tightly, picking her up and carrying her out of the horrible house in bridal style. Noah cried into the chest quietly as I ran to my house, only a couple houses down from her house, fortunately.

I reached my house and placed Noah on her feet, I heard her mumble something that sounded like "My arm hurts.".

"I know, I know," I repeated, knocking frantically on the door.

The door quickly opened revealing my mum, "Calum, what's wrong?"

"I'll tell you later, okay." I replied pulling Noah upstairs to my room.