the feeling

Everything seemed wrong that morning nothing was out of place but as soon as my feet hit the floor something felt off, like I was forgetting something but I didn't know what. I walked into the bathroom to make sure I didn't swap bodies or something like in the movies. I looked in the mirror and saw the same person I always do a sixteen years old girl with a heart shaped face, with wide eyes that were a dark emerald green, with naturally super curly dirty blonde hair, that complimented my lightly tanned skin, my same "little button" nose, as my mom called it, my same slightly plump pink lips, that everyone complimented me on. I still had my hourglass body shape. So, I am the real me, so that's not what's wrong... Then what is it? Am I just really tired and imagining that something is wrong? No I can't be, this feeling isn't in my head, it's completely real- "bark!" I jump as Beatle, a black and white corgi puppy with an everlasting smile, that I have had for one year, surprise's me from behind. She needs her morning walk, I quickly get ready, school's out for an extended break so I don't have to worry about that.

I walk out of my room with Beatle in close pursuit behind me ready to go outside. As I pass the kitchen I hear my mom yell out "Presley is that you?"

"Yeah mom! What do you need?"

"Oh! I'm glad I caught you before I left!" Left? Where is she going?

"Left? Where are you going?"

"I thought I told you? Oh well, work called me in last night and they need me again today, so I might miss dinner . You can handle yourself right?" I barely get a chance to respond when she walks out. "Bye sweetie!" That's the last thing she says to me, after that I wouldn't see her again, at least not for the next year. I guess my feeling wasn't wrong or imaginary.